new customer check

Solved
Highlighted
5 0 0

Is it possible to manually capture payments for customers that order for the first time, and automatically capture payments for returning customers?

I need to check the VAT numbers when customers buy for the first time, before I fulfil their order. When the VAT number is correct, all orders that they will make in the future the payments can be captured automatically and fulfilled by the fulfilment partner automatically as well. Which will minimise my involvement only to checking their VAT number the first time they buy (and make an account)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
125 7 30

This is an accepted solution.

You could do this with Arigato. In Shopify, set it to manual capture. In Arigato, you could create a workflow with two condition groups. First one would check to see if this is their first order and emails you, leaving the payment authorized but not captured. You could also flag the account with a tag at that time. In the second group, check if this customer is a returning customer and maybe has a different tag (optional), then have an action that captures payment immediately. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

Super! Thank you very much, I will look into how to get it running but it is exactly what I am looking for.

0 Likes