not accepting any payments in my store

Highlighted
5 0 0

hii i had a complete paypal buisiness setup im an indian paid every shopify plan etc.. and added paypal express checkout option but still my store does not accept any payments by paypal or store payments help me out im newbie..

its just displaying 

we are unable to process paypal payments at this time please go back to the merchant and try a different payment method

if we try a different payment method its showing

payments are not accepting due to technical issues

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
611 30 99

Hey, there!

My name is Ava, I’m one of Shopify’s Gurus and I’m here to help :)

That sounds like an odd error, is your PayPal gateway set up correctly within the Shopify admin? 

I've looked around a bit here and found this post on PayPal's help site. It seems to go over your error! It sounds like this may be an error on PayPal side, due to the processing of their security systems. Can I ask if you have you reached out to PayPal directly to check if there are any errors in the account?

Another explanation is that it may be an error in your currency settings within your PayPal account. Can you make sure the currency in your PayPal account matches the currency in your Shopify account? This may resolve the issue for you.

Let me know how you get on! 

Ava

Social Care Guru | support@shopify.com

Ava | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

Ava firstly a big hug for responding

and yes my store currency and paypal currency is the same

and i had not reached paypal about this issue directly so as ill do it now for sure but any of you can help me personally cause im waiting to resolve this for a month im loosing so much could anyone help or just place a test order i tried from india and just wanted to know people from USA can purchase or not and ill pay for the test order too its only 0.10$ for the test purchase.. any one with a kind heart...

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
611 30 99

Not to worry, I'm sure PayPal will be able to shed some light on this for you!

If you wanted to share a link to your website here, I can try a test checkout? Just to be sure the error is definitely not on our end!

Is PayPal your only payment gateway? Or have you enabled any of the payment gateways that accept credit cards available to Indian merchants here?

Speak soon!

Ava

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

Ava thanks again

my website is..

www.retrorowdy.com

and there is a product ( amazing baby neck float safe ) in that the category is inflatable pump i made that product to 0.10$ for a test purchase please check that Ava i owe to you im suffering from this long back and ill pay in return for what you have paid and set me up this

yes only paypal is available in our country and im trying to sell in USA if you try a test check out and it worked i can confirm that my store can accept international payments so that i can run ads

i contacted paypal today they said commercial entity user agreemnt you have not accepted it well get back to you in 2 days.. but please make a test checkout you can message me to my mail address retrorowdy@gmail.com this is my buisiness address 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
611 30 99

Thanks for the link!

I've tested this out on the site, I was able to go to the end of the Shopify checkout, then was transferred to PayPal's site. From there, I was able to log into my PayPal account where I was able to select which payment option I would like to use, which would be the final step in the checkout process. 

This is what I can see when I am about to complete checkout - 

So this seems to be working perfectly from my end here! Have you gotten a response from PayPal yet?

Let me know what they have said!

Ava

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

i have contacted the paypal merchant team they said if there is a problem due to a currecy issue like if you sell to india only we should use INR and to US only we should use dollar currency and they asked the source code of the error page which im getting when doing a transaction today and im waiting for the reply from them

i have a doubt the currency issue we should set it in paypal right.? cause shopify already set to dollars and cant be changed but our currency is INR

and thanks for testing my product according to the transaction u made if i can sell internationally i mean in USA i can run my advertisemente in US right..?

means im unable to transact only in india if this is true ill be happy as can sell the products in the US my target is to sell there only i dont prefer indian audience 

so i dont have a problem with shopify store right only the paypal is the problem

but can i transfer you some money to your paypal..? so that you can completely test the transaction so if i recieved the amount i can confirm and run ads in US if you are okay with that please let me know ane ill pay for what you did till now thank you very much AVA your a very good person 

a very thanks from a brother of you from INDIA..

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
611 30 99

Hey again!

Thanks for confirming. So PayPal would be correct, you will need to match the currency and country settings within your Shopify and PayPal accounts. The information must match here in order for the gateway to work properly.

I'm afraid I cannot view the screenshot, as the text there is too small. However, I would definitely recommend following PayPal's advice about their own service, as they would know best here. 

If you are selling in India, then your Shopify store should be set to INR, as should your PayPal settings. 

Let me know if making these changes works for you!

Ava

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

could u make 0.10$ purchase ill refund within seconds

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0
Hey Vikas,
Facing the same issue as you did.
Can you please let me know now long it took to get your issue sorted from PayPal.??
Thank you,
SRILAKSHMI
0 Likes