payment provider paypal credit or paypal payment standards.

Highlighted
2 0 0
Hello all 
can I add Paypal credit or Paypal payment standards to accept credit cards through Paypal 
I tried but I can't cause I am from Egypt 
Any help 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
659 51 115

Hello, Ahmed!

Karlie here from the Shopify Guru Team! The PayPal Express Checkout is available for merchants to use in Egypt. You can check out all of the payment gateways available to you, here

To set up PayPal as a payment gateway for your online store you're going to want to follow these instructions:

• Head into your Shopify AdminSettings > and click on your Payment providers section.
  • Scroll to the PayPal section of your payment page and click Deactivate, it will ask you to click on 'Deactivate' again to confirm.
  • Under the PayPal section again, you can select your PayPal account type > then click on 'Activate.'
  • You will then want to enter your PayPal login credentials and follow the prompts through PayPals permissions page.

If you're looking for a way for your customers to checkout via credit card with PayPal without a PayPal login, then you would want to look into contacting PayPal Support. PayPal does have it's own rules and requirements for each country a merchant is selling from - so you would want to inquire with PayPal support to see if you can let customers pay without a PayPal account. 

I hope this has answered your question. If not, or if you have any further questions please let me know. I will be happy to help!

*Karlie* | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

thank you very much for the help , I will contact PayPal but have no idea if they support pay with credit cards how can I set up this for my store in Shopify 

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi Ahmed55, My name is Antonis and i am from Cyprus. I have the same issue with Paypal and the option to customers to pay with credit or debit card.

I have a shopify store connected with Paypal business account. My credit card has been connected my account and also The "PayPal Account Optional" feature is turned on. But my buyers cannot pay with credit or debit card.

Did you contact Paypal support? Did you solved that issue?

0 Likes