paypal erorr in checkout

Highlighted
4 0 0

paypal erorr, when any of my customers try to pay in my website (this transaction cannot complete becuse it violates the paypal user agreement) 

can i know why it happen , i had try another new bussiness accounts but still the same problem , what can i do now ??

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1055 62 124

Hi there @ahmed80!

Don here from Shopify.

Thanks for the info you have shared thus far, let's see what we might be able to figure out here.

While third-party gateways like PayPal are supported by the gateway companies themselves, I'd still like to take a look here to see if there's anything we can advise from here first.

Would you mind sharing a link to your store first, and letting us know which version of PayPal you are using there (Express checkout, etc) and in which country your store is based?

If you're just setting up your store and this issue has been affecting payments from the start, it may be related to the country and currency of your store and whether or not they match the PayPal settings in your account there.

Just to check, it sounds like you finished setting up PayPal for your store already but have a look at our guide on that to see if you missed out on any steps.

Would there be any error codes along with the error message you mentioned that we can check out?

Finally, for now, can you confirm if this had been working okay in the past, or if you are just setting this up for use for the first time?

The more information you can give us here the better we will be able to understand and help out.

Regards,

Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

here is link for my store 

https://puppinoo.com/

and yes i am using paypal express checkouts .

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1055 62 124

Hi there @ahmed80!

Don from Shopify once again.

Thanks for that link to your store.

I was able to proceed to the checkout with an item in the cart and select PayPal as my payment option, whereupon the PayPal window popped up and I was not able to test any further without making a real purchase.

If you can provide any of the other information requested above, we can see if there is anything else we can advise from here, but at this stage, you would be best to reach out to PayPal support who would be better positioned to provide support for your account with their gateway.

All the best!

Regards,

Don

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

i know that you will reach to the stage of button paypal because the first account i had put is working 100% but when i change it and put another one it seem as working put customers cannot pay this message appear when they continue to chekout and try to pay (this transaction cannot be completed because it violates the paypal user agreement shopify) so i can put that account now and make you try to make payment you will find the same message , if it is okay ??

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1055 62 124

Hi again @ahmed80!

Don from Shopify once more.

I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to test this out to completion for you from my end as testing the use of PayPal requires you to create an actual order that way.

Could you confirm for me, are your customers reporting this issue when attempting to purchase via PayPal, or is this happening when you make your own test orders?

Trying to purchase using the same PayPal as connected to the gateway would likely cause issues, and may be the root cause here.

I'd recommend checking in with PayPal support to confirm that your region and currency there are supported and match what you have set for your Shopify account in the Settings > General menu in your Shopify admin.

If you have any error message or code that's generated when this happens, you can share it with me here or with PayPal support and we can try to use this to help out.

Regards,

Don

0 Likes
Highlighted
4 0 0

yes my customers reporting this issue when attempting to purchase via PayPal , \

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1055 62 124

Hi again @ahmed80!

Don from Shopify once more.

Thanks for confirming that this issue was reported by your customers and does not just arise from your own testing.

At this point, I would have to direct you to contact PayPal support as there is not much more we can advise from here in Shopify.

They would be able to provide support for their gateway that we're simply not able to do from here.

You can contact them using this link to let them know about the issue you have been encountering.

If they have any instructions for what you need to do on the Shopify side of things, let us know so we can help out from here!

All the best!

Regards,

Don

0 Likes