paypal express

Highlighted
5 0 0

Hello,

i need to activate paypal express in my boutique ( non-us).

Actual configuration :

paypal currency usd

shopify currency usd

non-us bank account

visa card

configuration i'm asking about:

paypal currency euro

shopify currency usd /euro

non-us bank account

visa card

is it possible ? and how does it works? i need the paypal express checkout for cards payments, because all payment gateways i tried do not like dropshipping.

thanks !

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
429 57 79

Hi, @norae,

Hank here from Shopify.

Are you having an issue setting Paypal Express up within your store? Or is the issue in relation to your store's currency?

If the issue is in relation to setting up Paypal, we have a great guide here that talks you through the process. Paypal also has a guide on the process on their website also.

The workflow would be dependant on your store's current location and the currency being used. Your store's location would be how you get paid and what currency this would be in. So if you are based in the United States but your store currency is in Euro, your customers would still pay for the products in Euro, but you would receive your payment in US dollars for example. 

Paypal works with whatever currency the user has defaulted to. So say a customer in Spain wants to pay for an item, but your store is in US dollars, they can still pay for the item, and Paypal would convert the currency on their account. You would not need an extra setting to do this, as it would be a part of the Paypal integration.

Let me know the current error you are facing though or if you have any further questions, I am happy to assist you.

All the best, Hank.

Hank | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

Thank you so much hank !

my store currency is usd

paypal currency is also usd

but it still doesn't work.

i'll take a look to the links you provide me and if nothing works i'll be back to you.

thank you so much for saving my life ! 

Nora

0 Likes