paypal

Highlighted
1 0 0

I had an order come thru before my Paypal express was set up. Order shows pending even after setting up the acct. I need to push the payment thru somehow. I deactivated and reactivated. Now I've clicked the capture payment but now it shows paid! But there is no $ in paypal to show for it. argh. help. please. thanks.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
740 57 90

Hi @Jenzatkadecor,

Ted here from Shopify, thanks for reaching out to us!

When you set up your Shopify store, Shopify creates a PayPal Express Checkout account for the email address you used to set up your store (email address "A").  I can see that you have a different email address assigned to your Paypal account since you've deactivated and reactivated the account as shown here (email address "B"). Can you check your emails to see if the confirmation of payment was sent to the email address you use to sign into Shopify with (A)? Or you should have received a "finish setting up your Paypal account" style of email to that address. 

If you have received the email or you can see this banner appear in the order screen in your admin; it's a sure sign that the funds have been assigned to that email address and I'd recommend signing up for a business account with Paypal here (A). Once you have received the funds, you can then cancel the account and instead continue using the other Paypal account (B). Just as well, all funds from orders that are paid using Paypal going forward will be sent to the new account (B). 

If no email has been received, I'd recommend contacting Paypal's customer service directly here for assistance. Please let me know how this goes and if there's anything else I can help you with, I'm happy to help! 

Thanks a mill,

Ted | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I had this exact problem. I initially set up the Shopify store for a client, so after we did some digging I went ahead and set up a PayPal business account with the email I used to set up the account. No money from the order we received showed up. I had my client go through the linking process and no money has showed up their either. Her email is now the main account email and everything looks to be set up, but still no money showing up anywhere in PayPal for either of us. 

The PayPal account is confirmed and the Shopify API credentials are in there. 

The customer has confirmed that on her end, PayPal is saying "purchase pending".

0 Likes