print on demand app

Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 1

Is anyone out there utilizing Customcat  as a POD integration with their Shopify store???  If so would you be willing to help me with a shipping rate question???

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
933 58 116

Hi there @Roland7!

Don here from Shopify.

While I'm not personally using CustomCat, the best place to look for support for this (or any third-party app from our store) would be to reach out to the developers of that app directly.

You can use the contact details listed here on the app store page or you can try clicking on 'Get support' next to the name of that app in the Apps menu in your admin.

They will have access to info on their creation and how to use it that we wouldn't have from here in Shopify, so would be best positioned to field your questions on this.

There may also be some members of this community that have had experience with what you are setting up, if you outline your specific requirements here they might be able to add their own advice based on that experience.

All the best!

Regards,

Don

Don | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 1

I'm having this issue as well. I can't integrate CustomCat shipping rates with Shopify.

The CustomCat instructions make no sense at all - https://blog.customcat.com/expedited-shipping

I can't find any information anywhere on the internet on how to do this. Literally nothing.

This is all so strange as this is an essential component of making customcat work on Shopify. There should be 1000's of articles and questions on this subject.

It makes me think that I have missed something major.

Any ideas?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 1

Thanks for replying ju1es.  It is somewhat strange indeed.  Stranger still I find it hard to believe that we're the only two individuals that have encountered this issue.  I think I'm going to try customcat's contact number again and try to get some clarity.  Like you I've been directed to their site but it's very confusing as the information given seems conflicting to me.  I will post my findings.  Keep your fingers crossed. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 1

Ok ju1es,

It would appear that the info on customcat's shipping help page is at least 2 yrs old. Upon further investigation it seem their most recent rates are as follows: $3.99 for the first product and $ 1.50 for each additional here in the United States. $7.95 for the first item and $5.95 for each additional for international orders. Now I am still awaiting confirmation of this, so do not yet take this as gospel.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 1

Hey Roland,

I came across this tutorial on the Printify site, which answers all my questions I think. My issue is that I am transitioning from Printful, who's app completely integrated all shipping. The app created all the shipping profiles, zones and rates for you. Anyway CustomCat leaves the whole thing to you, and doesn't give any instruction.

This is the vid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxJpySlhqO4&index=5&list=PLWx63Do0bEXNvDGqgdSZVr_PsBa_G0HZJ

Hope it helps.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 1

Hey ju1es.

Thanks for the info.  I sent another inquiry to customcat about the subject.  Below is an excerpt from the reply I received earlier today:

.( We are actually in the process of revamping our app and the plan is to list the shipping rates per product in the product catalog so you can see the rates and product costs when you are adding the product to your store. The Shopify section is actually more about setting up our expedited shipping methods and mapping them to Shopify which is an option feature. If you don't map the expedited shipping rates, all of the shipping will just default to economy)

I don't know as of yet when the revamp is to be completed but I'm hopeful that it will be soon.  I'm assuming all who are utilizing customcat integration will be notified in some fashion when this upgrade goes into effect.  I would agree that having the rates autoload into shopify would make it so much more simple though.

I'll keep you posted as I become more informed.

Roland

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
8 0 1

Hi Roland,

CustomCat always miss the point for me. For me, it is not a question of knowing what their rates are. That's easy. It is a question of setting up Shopify to charge our customers the correct shipping for all orders, from single item orders to multiple item/product orders.

But I think that Printify video answers my query.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 1

Thanks ju1es for the link to printify.  I must confess though that I am still somewhat confused by all this.  The examples in question continually express weight based shipping and setting a range based on this.  Customcat for instance shows lightweight / heavyweight etc. with corresponding rates for additional products as does seemingly Printify.  It seems to me to be largely based on guess work, for how can one determine how many add-ons to the first product a customer may purchase?  For instance by customcat's example chart (ie.) economy lightweight-first product $4.99 each additional product $1.50.

They stated in their reply to my query to them that if I don't plug in a rate in my shopify setting that it would automatically default to economy.  But that still doesn't tell my me how I am to determine charges based on additional products thus how that relates to my conversion.

And last but not least I once again find it strange that apparently out of everyone else out there who is utilizing customcat pod, we two seem to be the only ones who are challenged by this.  As such I do appreciate your attempts to help me with this dilemma.

Roland  

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I'm having the same issue. The CustomCat website does not explain how to link shipping rates at all. I have no idea what to do next.

0 Likes