problem setting up with payment on shopify

Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi,

I'm living in canada. I've banked with RBC for a very long time. I also have a USD bank account with them. When i add the routing number is says invalid. Does shopify not work for RBC bank accounts?

Can you please advise if i need to open a bank account somewhere else?

thanks.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
391 1 40

Hey, Ellison !

Koreen here from Shopify. Thanks for posting and sorry to hear that you’re having trouble with this. 

It should be fine to use a RBC bank account. Though it may be a case the routing number in being entered in the incorrect format.

For Canadian bank accounts, the routing number should include hyphens before the institution number. 

For example, it should be entered as below:

XXXXX-YYY 

(Where XXXXX is the Branch Number and YYY is the Institution Number). 

I’ve sent you an email, just so we can have a closer look into this with you. Feel free to reply to me when you can!

Cheers,
Koreen 

Koreen W | Shopify 

support@shopify.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi,

I've replied to the email but i have not heard back for a few days. Can you please confirm you have looked into the issue ? or advise if i need to open a differrent bank account?

thanks.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
391 1 40

Hi, Ellison!

Thank you very much for sending through you details and I would like ton apologise for the wait. 

I have followed up on this, and our Business Operations team are currently looking into this on your behalf.

I have gone ahead and added a further note to this, to help speed things up for you. We will get back to you via your ticket as soon as we do have an update.

Thank you so much for your continued patience.

Koreen

Koreen W | Shopify 

support@shopify.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Hi,

I still have not heard back yet. Can you please advise what i need to do in order to set up my shopify payment. I've forward you all the information but it's been almost a month now which i haven't heard back. Is there an easier way ? Like starting a new bank account with TD or something ?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
391 1 40

Hi, Ellisson.

I'm very sorry for the delay in getting back to you on this, it is not at all our intention to have such a waiting period, and thank you for posting here once again. Our team has been in touch with our banking partners on this, and you should now be able to activate your account with Shopify Payments.

Though to answer your most recent query, a TD bank as you suggest would be best. In this case, when setting up Shopify Payments with a US address and selling in USD you will need to use a US based bank account. A RBC account would not work. Rather, the best thing moving forward would be to use a US based bank account. 

I hope this helps you out, and do let me know if you have any additional questions. Feel free to post here, or via the email (#6209616) which we have from you if you would like to chat further.

Thank you once again for your continued patience with this, do please contact us directly any time, our team is available via this link

Koreen 

Koreen W | Shopify 
support@shopify.com

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Try to set up payments in Shopify payments but it says I have a invalid date of birth I know my date of birth is correct.  The form is also.How do I go about fixing this?

0 Likes