problem with verifying my address

Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 5

I use a service to get my mail for me, that is the address I use for my credit cards, banking etc, this is what I used for my Shopify account. It does not have a PO Box but just a suite #.  I want to ship products from out of the country in USD, and input the tracking numbers directly into Shopify from UPS. My Shopify will connect to a U.S. Bank. Amazon Sellers accepted this. 

Is that possible with Shopify?

Janine

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
575 18 68

Hi, Janine!

This is Max from the Shopify Team. 

Are you concerned about being permitted to run a business with the offerings that we have for merchants based in the United States? One big factor is the payment provider availibilty. The options avaialble to United States residents are listed here.

If so, you would need to be operating from that country (address, shipping, account logins, currency, etc.). If that's not quite what you meant, please feel free to clarify here or reach out to our support team for some more clarification on your specific set up!

Cheers, 
Max
support@shopify.com

Max | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 5

I have a US address and a US bank account in USD, almost like a PO box. I would be shipping from out of the country using UPS. If Shopify doesn't support that please let me know. 

Janine

0 Likes
Highlighted

UPS will return rates based on the origin country. So if you have a UPS account from the USA, and you are shipping from Mexico, then this will not be possible as UPS will throw an error. If you want to ship from a different country, it would be required that you get a UPS account from the local country. The same goes with your bank details.

Finally, if you have everything sorted in order and you are shipping from any country apart from USA or Canada, I would suggest you put your UPS account details in the Multi carrier shipping label app and start shipping immediately.

0 Likes