question about chargebacks

29 0 0

Hello,

I want to make shop in shopify. I already run my business but I would like to develop it by selling on shopify. But I have a big problem with changback in my business.  Maybe I'll write a few sentences here. One of my clients has filed a chargeback because his credit card, PayPal account and e-mail have been complained. I sent the product to a person who is a crook, after a two weeks the owner filed a chargeback. The product has already been used and can not be returned. Unfortunately, for the time being my money was "taken" from the account for product and today another payment was "taken" from the new one which concerns the dispute. I do not know how this whole thing will go ...  Does anyone of you know what to do ? I do not understand why I should pay for someone else's mistakes and theft ! How does this changeback look like on shopify? Can anyone help me ?

0 Likes
1 0 0

Hi Tommax,

There are a number of fraud solutions that offer a Chargeback guarantee.  Other than that there are entry level tools like Fraud Filters and address verification.   Shopify and even the payment gateway are not going to "cover" any of those charges.  Sorry to hear about the fraudelent purchase.  Best of luck!

Channing

0 Likes

Take a look at this Shopify instruction, please: Chargebacks and inquiries

Hope it helps!

Best,
Arthur

Shopify subject matter expert | Founder at GenovaWebArt | Full-services shopify agency | info@genovawebart.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
29 0 0

I have read it.

0 Likes
4 0 0

I would strongly recommend you do not use Shopify payment. If you get a chargeback you will be on your own. Shopify Gurus will read you a script when you call and try to do anything about it. At least PayPall has seller protection and if you show you shipped to the address they gave you and that the item was delivered you are covered. Another altrernative is too purchase chargeback insurance. Shopify customer service and agreements do not helpp at all. Instead they are just frustrating.

0 Likes
4 0 0

was it of any value?

0 Likes
4 0 0

How typical of so called shopify experts, they will send you a link to a long doicument that is totally useless.

0 Likes
Shopify Expert
9675 41 1361

What's useless about the doc?

Understanding how chargebacks work is important so hearing that page is useless make me interested to know why. Also important to know that Shopify doesn't control the chargeback process but is more the intermediatory between you and your customers bank.

★ Winning Partner of the Build a Business competition. ★ http://freakdesign.com.au
1 Like
4 0 0

A typical response from shopify, argumentative and gets me no where. It is like spending 3 hours on the phone with the Gurus of Shopify and getting no satisfaction.

0 Likes