"Charge Taxes" By default for all products.

Highlighted
1 0 0

@DV that's awesome! Thanks for sharing!

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Thank you! This worked PERFECTLY!!!

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

You rock, @DV! I had been struggling with this for a while now - and your solution worked. Some things would import with "charge tax" selected; others would not. Now I can see everything at a glance and make changes when needed. Also, in seeing all products in bulk editor, I can easily notice if products get imported with "compare at" prices that are lower than my sales price and fix that.

Thanks!!

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

I have done this and my store is still not charge taxes on orders.  If I create a draft order, I'll see the taxes applied but once I email invoices taxes are not calculated.  This also happens when a customer purchases directly from site, taxes are not be charged.  On occasions taxes are calculated and charge but the is sporadic, I would like to consistenly charge taxes. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Thanks for sharing this, big help!

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0
Easiest way I could find, hope it helps.

You can go into bulk editor and have all products on one list and you just have to click the bullets to charge tax, still a ton of bullets to click.
In order to get there goto all products, click bullet to select all on page, then on right side above first product you'll see an option to select all products, once you have selected all products goto bulk editor, once there add a column for charge taxes, then the bullets will appear next to items and scroll and click until you have them all.
0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 2

It would be nice to see a column or two displaying the PRICE calculations WITH and WITHOUT tax, so as we adjust the prices, we can easily see the total the customer will pay (both) including tax and without tax. One box to enter the "TAX RATE" and another box to enter the "Price", linked to the Total Cost (Per Item).

For example,

i only want my customers to pay $9,95 for an item INCLUDING tax.

The tax rate is 10% for GST in Australia, so rather than using a calculator or simply guessing my price should be $9.15, i can enter that price and see the total cost change. How easy would that be people?

I want to be easily able to adjust my price and see the customer total reflected alongside that as i make changes.

This question is a result of me now having to adjust my prices which did not include tax before. Now the tax will be added and although i need to collect taxes, i don't want to rip off my customers and lose sales.

Cheers,

Ray

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1

Thanks DV1!  You saved us so much time by sharing the solution with great step by step guide! 👍

1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 0

It works! Amazing! thank you so much

0 Likes