"County" field not showing for Mexico

Highlighted
Shopify Partner
1 0 0

Hi, I'm developing an app for shipping. The problem is that there's no field for county when Mexico is chosen. This is a very important field for shipping and it cannot be omitted when using popular shipping providers, like UPS. If the county is absent, the shipping cannot be made,

I noticed that this issue happened for Ireland (https://community.shopify.com/c/Shopify-Discussion/Checkout-Address-Options-For-Ireland-Problem/td-p...), someone posted the problem here and after that, Shopify implemented this field for Ireland; I don't know if this is the right way to request something like that. This field doesn't need to be a dropdown like in Ireland, it can be a simple text field.

I could edit the liquid code to add this field manually, but I'm working on an app, and I don't have access to this, I would need to ask each customer who installs my app to let me change his/her store.

The only solution I found (a temporary one) for this issue, is to use the theme language settings to change labels: "First Name" to "Full Name", and "Last Name" to "County", and do some tricky coding to handle this.

0 Likes