"Create a New Order" shipping label

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi everyone,

I have a question about the "create a new order" feature. I have a customer who purchased an item internationally, but her package was redirected back to me because she left out a key bit of the address. I told her that I would be happy to ship it back, but she has to pay for the creation of a new shipping label with the correct address. So I created a new order and searched for her as a customer- her info popped up, I created the invoice for the shipping label (shipping was automatically calculated for me based on her corrected address), and sent her the invoice.

Great, what happens now? I'm not seeing any option to print a new label for this "new order-" does she have to complete the invoice before that option will appear? Or does this feature not come with the ability to generate labels like a regular order? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
469 58 117

Hello.

I'm Lizzy, one of the Gurus on the support team at Shopify.

After clicking on the "create a new order" button, you'll be building a draft order. The order will stay as a draft until either the customer completes payment, or you mark it as paid. If you've sent the invoice I wouldn't suggest marking it as paid manually, as that may interfere with your customer's ability to pay.

After the draft order has been paid it will become a normal order that appears in your typical orders list. As soon as it appears here you will have the option to fulfill or purchase a shipping label.

25-55-3gib1-s6y4g

Thank you for asking this question, we appreciate finding out what features could be improved or adjusted to make life easier for our store owners! I also wanted to ask, while working on your store what have you been finding most difficult on Shopify?

Please let me know if you have any questions about what I've said.

Thank you,
Lizzy

Lizzy | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes