"Inventory Managed By" Depending on Shipping Location

Highlighted
1 0 0

I have many different types of products that need to ship from different locations depending on where the customer is located.

While most of my products are stored in a 3rd party warehouses around the world and are "managed by" this app, some of our products are only available in certain warehouses within North America (let's call these products "x"). If a customer orders "x" internationally I would like this item would be managed by shopify so that shipping is calculated from our offices rather than the nearest warehouse where it isn't stocked. However, if they order "x" within North America I would like them to pay a flat fee and have this item managed by the 3rd party shipping app.

This is where I'm running into an issue - I want international customers to be charged the realtime postage cost to ship "x" from our offices and for the item to be managed by shopify. Whereas I want North American customers to only be charged the flat rate and for their order to be managed by the shipping application. This becomes additionally complicated when I have multiple types of products in the cart. 

Is there any way to manage this? Right now I'm not seeing a way to have Inventory Managed by more than one provider so there is no easy way to mitigate this issue.

Thank you!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
7 0 1

Same issue here!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
5 0 1

Same issue... managed to find a solution or contact support?  I can't find a way to contact support. 

0 Likes