"Location is not eligible for shipping label purchases"?

Highlighted
1 0 0

Has anyone seen this error message when trying to buy a shipping label? A customer ordered from a typical street address and when I try to buy a label, a red box pops up saying: "Location is not eligible for shipping label purchases." I've confirmed the address and there's nothing unusual about it. I've tried it 4 times with the same result. Any advice on a workaround will be appreciated! Thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
259 3 60

Hi, Sara!

Lisa here from the Social Care Team at Shopify.

This error message can be misleading as a lot of the time it's not the customer's location which is the error, instead, it can be an issue with the product settings. If you're using a combination of dropship and shipping items out manually, it's important to check the fulfillment settings. To be eligible to print the shipping labels through a local carrier, the products must not be set to fulfill through any third party fulfillment service. 

You can check the fulfillment settings by clicking into the products from the order, scrolling down to fulfillment service to ensure "Manual" is selected. Please see screenshot below of the product settings: 

Along with the fulfillment service,  other important settings to check are 1. product requires shipping 2. weights are allocated.  You can check all your products are set up properly by using the bulk editor. For quick access to the bulk editor, at the end of your myshopify URL attach:

/admin/bulk?resource_name=ProductVariant&edit=weight%2Crequires_shipping%2Cfulfillment_service&show=image%2Cfull_title&return_to=%2Fadmin%2Fsettings%2Fshipping&metafield_titles=&metafield_options=

From here, have a look over to see if you're missing any of these settings. The bulk editor will look like the screenshot below, containing the three important fields of weight, requires shipping and fulfillment service.

From here, try again to print the shipping labels by following these steps.

If you have any further issues trying to print the labels, our support team is here 24/7 to help. Contact our support team here.

Best of luck, 

- Lisa

Lisa | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes