"Save my information for a faster checkout" Is it possible to see that a user has checked this?

10 0 0

"Save my information for a faster checkout" Is it possible to see that a user has checked this?

I would like to be able to determine how many users have turned this on or some other info via the API that I could query that would have been saved if using this option.

Also it appears that the end user would have no way of turning this off is that true?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
788 65 91

Hello @whitecow,

Ted here from Shopify, thanks for reaching out to us. :-) 

That's a great question! What you are referring to is also known as Shopify PayShopify Pay is an accelerated checkout that lets customers save their credit card, shipping and billing information so they can complete their transaction faster across all Shopify checkouts. Not all merchants using Shopify would like this feature enabled within their checkout, so we have provided an option to enable and disable the feature as mentioned here.

Shopify Pay's information is stored on Shopify's PCI compliant servers (the info is encrypted and saved on separate servers from Shopify's Core). So, it's not possible to access a view count or any other API info. 

Buyers can opt out and purge their information by entering their details hereAs well, buyers can opt out by replying to an SMS message sent by Shopify Pay with one of the keywords listed below. These keywords are not case-sensitive:

* STOP 
* END 
* QUIT 
* CANCEL 
* UNSUBSCRIBE

Is there anything else I can help you with? How are you finding Shopify so far? Feel free to reach out to our Support team any time as well. We're here 24/7 via Facebook, Twitter, chats, emails and phone. Just click 'talk to support’ for some more info.

Thanks a mill, 

Ted

Ted | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
10 0 0

@Ted

Thanks for your response.

So just to be clear no way for me to know if a customer is using Shopify Pay or not?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
788 65 91

Hi @whitecow,

Yep, that's correct. There's no way to see this information as Shopify is PCI compliant

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know, I'm happy to help!

Thanks a mill,
Ted

0 Likes
Highlighted
10 0 0

@Ted

Is it possible to initiate a purchase via an API call using Shopify Pay?

I have seen you can use card vault https://help.shopify.com/en/api/reference/sales-channels/payment and create the checkout/payment but this would mean having to handle PCI compliance on our system.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
788 65 91

Hi @whitecow,

Shopify Pay is used to provide a quicker checkout process for customers which encourages them to return and buy again. The stored details are not made available to individual merchants and so a purchase cannot be initiated from the merchant side with an API call.

-Ted

0 Likes