"USD 9.99" product Value - Got Paid "INR 9.99" From my Online Store

Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 0

Hi All,

I live in India. My store currency is set to USD(which I prefer as I am selling in US).I have Paypal & PayU Money as Payments.

Post store setup, I ordered a product to test the whole process from my Online Shopify store with my Citibank Debit Card

The value of product was shown as USD 9.99 but I got a message from PAYU MONEY to pay for INR 9.99 Only. Not sure what happened there. Can someone please help???

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
393 72 164

Hi, there!

Jason from Shopify Support. Thank you for reaching out!

Here's a great way to determine where and what is causing this issue. If the INR currency is showing up only on the separate page after the customer clicks on Complete Order at the PayU's gateway page, then you need to contact PayU support directly to configure the gateway's setting. If the INR currency is showing up at the Checkout page, this means there's an issue on the Shopify end.

If it's happening on the Checkout page, don't hesitate and reach out here right away. I'd be happy to help out. Let me know how it goes!

All the best,
Jason

Jason | Social Care @ Shopify
Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it Accept as Solution to help others locate the answer!
Your Like and Accept as Solution are much appreciated!
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center, or the Shopify Blog.

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 0

Hey Jason,

Thanks for the response. I will check on this and get back here.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
393 72 164

Hey, there!

No problem at all. Keep me posted on how it goes! I hope this gets resolved for you quickly. 

Best,

Jason

Was your question answered? Mark it Accept as Solution to help others locate the answer!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 0

Hey Jason,

I could not get a proper response from Payumoney.

Here is what i found out from the screenshots attached. Please check and advice what to do next.

payusetup.pngPayumoney error.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 0

Also should i go for Payubiz integration for international payment gateway which costs additional 5K INR?

payubiz.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
393 72 164

Hey, @surajdstorm!

Thank you for the screenshots! From the first one, it looks like you haven't finished completed your profile. This may be the reason why you're having trouble getting the settlement.
26_03-90olh-yulc8
26_05-hlx9s-mseva
The thing that concerns me the most is that you can't get a proper response from PayU. If this is the case, imagine if you have a bigger transaction coming in with issues. How are you going to work with a payment gateway that offers little to no support?

With this issue specifically, I recommend you to find out how you can set up the account fully with your profile. If you can't figure this out, even if you move up to PayUBiz, you'll have the same issue. You can contact the PayU support here. The question you need to ask is how to complete your profile. You aren't getting paid and there's a disconnection between your payment gateway and your online store. 

Keep me posted on your progress. 

Best,

Jason

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 0

Hey Jason,

Is there any other best wallet per your knowledge that can be set-up in India?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
393 72 164

Hey, @surajdstorm!

Just want to double check with you by wallet, you're referring to the payment gateways. If so, here's a list of payment gateways that are integrated with Shopify in India. Feel free to check them out and switch to the one that's best suited for your business.

Best,

Jason

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi Suraj,

I have the same problem. Were you able to resolve your problem? If yes, how? Pls let me know. 

Regards,

Sayan

0 Likes