"Your cart has been updated and the items you added can’t be shipped to your address."

Highlighted
2 0 0

My boss sent me a message today saying a customer received the following message but I don't have an in-depth email to provide user behaviour, it could very well be that they changed their address but haven't told us this:

"Your cart has been updated and the items you added can’t be shipped to your address. Remove the items to complete your order."

2020-03-21 21_16_34-WhatsApp.png

I've seen a few threads on here but every issue has a unique answer, is there a general answer to this such as it being a caching issue or is it an issue with the UPS integration? We have custom rates being pulled in from UPS and I thought that the rates may have changed and the customer was simply checking out whilst this was happening but the rates haven't changed apparently. 

@Katy  Would you be able to advise on this please? I've seen that you've dealt with it before. :)

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
735 41 114

Hey, @Joe90 !

Thanks for reaching out, and for doing some digging already on this!

When a customer adds products to their cart and proceeds to the payments page of the checkout, they will have shipping rates generated for them based on the contents of their cart as long as the order/ items in the order are set to 'require shipping'. There are multiple message checks that can appear at the checkout stage, so I am afraid there is no one general answer that we can offer here.

The best thing to do would be to have a look at your store settings. My guess is that one of the items added to the cart does not have 'requires shipping' selected, or that there is a discrepancy with the rates that you have set to pull via UPS.  We would, however, need to do some more digging to be able to best determine this. 

I know you mention that you do not have an in-depth email of user behavior -  not to worry, once we have your details as a staff member on this store, along with the customer order number we can dig into this with you. To do so securely with you we will need to create a support ticket. Could you contact us through live chat/email via this link here -  or alternatively, you can do so via Facebook Messenger or Twitter. From here we can then help review this for you.

Thanks so much!

Katy

Katy | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
1 0 0

Hi Katy,

Do you know where this message can be edited? I do want this to appear as we’re only shipping to selected postcodes which are eligible but I’d like to make the error message clearer for a customer to say something like ‘apologies, we don’t currently ship to your address’.

Thanks,

Elin

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
735 41 114

Hi, @ElinParry !

Thanks for joining in here!

Yes, you can adjust this text if you like. We have some info on how to do so here from within your language editor

You'll just need to search for the specific line of text:

30-32-5u60b-5kqh2

You can adjust this to what feels best for your own business, before clicking 'save'.

I hope this helps.

Katy

Katy | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes