"Your payment details could not be verified. Check your card details and try again" error

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi everyone,

I am facing an issue with my Shopify Advanced site - A few shoppers are getting this error "Your payment details could not be verified. Check your card details and try again" when they enter their credit details. We have contacted our third party payment provider and they are saying that they are not receiving the payment request. We also do not see this order in the Shopify admin. Can you help to share in what scenarios would you display the error "Your payment details could not be verified. Check your card details and try again" so that we can troubleshoot this with our third party payment provider? 

Also, if anyone has gotten this - can you also share how you solved the problem? 

Any help is appreciated!!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
419 52 70

Hey, @kevagc

I’m Helen from Shopify Support. Thanks for reaching out about this.

Are you seeing these attempted transactions as Abandoned Checkouts? You can check by going to ‘Orders > Abandoned Checkout' in your Shopify admin.

If so, the best way to find more information about these activities to relay to your third party gateway, is to look at the history of the abandoned checkout.

Payments that do not go through to create an order will show up in this section. Clicking on the payment event will give the reason for the failure, as well as the authorization number that you can share with your payment provider.

Let me know if this helps.

Helen | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes