"Your payment details could not be verified. Check your card details and try again" error

kevagc
1 0 0

Hi everyone,

I am facing an issue with my Shopify Advanced site - A few shoppers are getting this error "Your payment details could not be verified. Check your card details and try again" when they enter their credit details. We have contacted our third party payment provider and they are saying that they are not receiving the payment request. We also do not see this order in the Shopify admin. Can you help to share in what scenarios would you display the error "Your payment details could not be verified. Check your card details and try again" so that we can troubleshoot this with our third party payment provider? 

Also, if anyone has gotten this - can you also share how you solved the problem? 

Any help is appreciated!!

0 Likes
Helen
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
870 88 136

Hey, @kevagc

I’m Helen from Shopify Support. Thanks for reaching out about this.

Are you seeing these attempted transactions as Abandoned Checkouts? You can check by going to ‘Orders > Abandoned Checkout' in your Shopify admin.

If so, the best way to find more information about these activities to relay to your third party gateway, is to look at the history of the abandoned checkout.

Payments that do not go through to create an order will show up in this section. Clicking on the payment event will give the reason for the failure, as well as the authorization number that you can share with your payment provider.

Let me know if this helps.

Helen | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
misseastatl
1 0 0

Hi Helen,

My customer is receiving a similar error message.  They have confirmed that all info was entered correctly but are still unable to successfully checkout.  Their information is logged under abandoned checkouts but there is no history.  It just says "customer created".  

0 Likes
Helen
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
870 88 136

Hey, @misseastatl. Thanks for reaching out about this. I’m happy to look into it further with you. 

Which payment gateway are you using?

0 Likes
DoggyDoggo
3 0 0

I receive the exact same problem. 

How can I fix that ?

0 Likes
Helen
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
870 88 136

Hi, @DoggyDoggo! I’m happy to help look into this for you too.

Could you please tell me which Payment gateway you’re using? Have you already looked at the payment history in the abandoned checkout for more information about the error, as explained above? Please provide a screenshot of the information found there, if you can. It will give us a better idea of where to start with troubleshooting this.

Thanks!

0 Likes
FitReeFitness
Tourist
9 0 3

I am experiencing this issue. No payment history details are displayed for my client's failed payment. See attached screenshot and please help so that I can further assist my customers.

Screenshot_20201016-101119_Shopify.jpg

0 Likes
Helen
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
870 88 136

Hey, @FitReeFitness

Thanks for the screenshot. That really helps to see exactly what you are referring to!

The payment history section will show only if there is an actual issue with the payment gateway. When there isn’t any payment history notification showing, then the gateway was functioning properly for that abandoned checkout order. 

Which payment gateway are you using? Are you able to provide me with a screenshot of the actual error notification that your customer is receiving on the checkout page so that I can look into this further for you?

That being said, I noticed  in your screenshot that you have an additional note with an rmc_uid number indicated. This particular number is known to be generated from an app called Abandoned Cart Recovery. Are you currently using this app? 

Since abandoned cart recovery apps interact with checkout transactions, it’s possible that it is causing the issue your customer is experiencing. In the event that it is, the next step is to contact the app developer directly to fix the integration, so that it does not continue to hinder any transactions.

Let me know what you find!

0 Likes
CassiaPerfumes
2 0 0

Hi, I am David. I have tried payment for my product but it turned out that it doesn't work every time it shows Your payment details couldn’t be verified. Check your card details and try again.  I have tried 3 different visa and master cards, but not even one was working, please tell me where the problem could be.

I am using recart for abandoned carts and also klaviyo.

In section abandoned carts I have all failed orders but there is no error shown.

0 Likes
Helen
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
870 88 136

Hi, @CassiaPerfumes. Welcome to the Community! I’m sorry to hear you are having such trouble processing payments on your store. That’s very frustrating.

Which payment gateway are you using? If it’s Shopify Payments, I’ll be able to further help troubleshoot this with you. However, if it is a third party gateway, please contact your provider directly. We don’t have access to any third party payment processing systems, so they’re the best ones to look further into the configuration to determine why the payments aren’t being accepted. 

Let me know!

0 Likes