real time shipping rates

Highlighted
3 0 3

IS there anyway at all for those of us with relatively new stores to offer real time calculated shipping rates?  It seems absurd to be required to update to the $179 per rmonth level in order to offer a basic function that we have always had included fro free in our previous businesses.  It seems as though there was an app for this at one time that would cost us something, but not an extra $100 per month.  

Thanks for your reply.

3 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
3 0 0

Hi Phillip!

You can add the carrier calculated shipping (RTCS) option to your shop a la carte for $20 USD per month. If this is something you're interested in exploring, you can contact our guru team at support@shopify.com or give us a call at +1-888-746-7439. We'd be more than happy to help out.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
3 0 0

Let me know if you have any more questions!

0 Likes
Tourist
4 0 1

I am using the RTCS option on my store but I get inconsistent responses from the carriers I am using. Example:  shipping a 3 lb package to CA from NY and I don't get any USPS options just very expensive Fedex options that the customer would never want to pay. I have a support call into Shopify now for help although I think I requested info from the gurus before and they told me they have no control over the info/rates the carriers send over. Hoping that after several months there may be a fix/new option for his problem. Just wanted you to be aware and suggest you do some testing on the carrier calculated shipping feature. 

1 Like
Excursionist
13 0 3

We're using the Shipping Calculator app by By RedBit Development. It takes some fine-tuning, but it is working well for us, and it eliminated bogus orders from people who just wanted to check the shipping costs in the cart.

0 Likes
3 0 3

Thanks for chiming in.  However, with the problems Shopify has calculating FedEx and UPS at the moment, we actually just reverted to USPS only.  The dimensions problem is significant.  They claim to be working on it, but who really knows,

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
228 0 22

Hello everyone! 

Shopify Shipping has just launched the ability to show calculated rates on all plans for USPS and Canada Post -- for free. If you have the $20 add on, you can simply re-select your plan in the admin and this will remove the charge. To learn more about calculated rates, check out the blog post or our help docs.

0 Likes
1 0 0

What can I do if I was still charged for the carrier calculated shipping add-on last month (March)? Shouldnt this fee be discontinued/not charged aftter this became part of all shopify plans? 

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
228 0 22

@Gabriel - send a note to support@shopify.com and our Guru team can give you a hand.

0 Likes
1 0 0

THREE YEARS later and Shopify STILL hasn't fixed this problem.

What the hell?

HOW can Shopify claim to be a great avenue for ecommerce when they don't integrate shipping abilities similar to Etsy or Ebay for their customers????????????????

For any business that doesn't sell only one size item how does Shopify work? They FORCE you to pay for an add on APP. THIS is their answer?

This is simply ASININE.

0 Likes