refund after getting billed shopify plan before the 14days

1 0 0

hello so my account was charged today i opened my store on april 2 we are april 16 i opened the store at 9pm and my account was charged at 11am of the morning i was planning to close the store at 12pm since i had no sales and i was just testing my first store ever to learn i was not planning on buying a plan when i came back i was shocked my bank account was billed of the plan that i did not want in the first place emailed the billing support in addition to the shipify normal support and guess what its been 5 hours and still no response i emailed them at 1pm its 7:27pm so 9pm is quite close i hope they not going to wait until then and say its been 14 days because obviously its not so please if anyone can help i appreciate it i can't just lose that money knowing im a student and i really need it 

thank you

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
749 41 114

Hey, @Youssefo6!

Happy to help get this cleared up! To provide some insight, Shopify charges the monthly subscription in UTC time which can cause a charge to appear earlier than expected. That said, as long as the store has been closed within 72 hours of the invoice generating, then we're happy to provide a refund back to your card. When emailing our support, it can take between 24-48 hours to hear back depending on our ticket load which is why you haven't yet received a response. 

Nevertheless, I have gone ahead and followed up with you via email with further information on your account as I'm unable to speak about account specifics in a public forum. 

Chat soon!

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello, 

I was testing shopify and just wanted to learn how it worked. I was charged the Sept. 14th my $29.00 subscription. Today Sep 16th I cancelled my account. I had intended to do so before the 14th but it as the weekend. Will shopify, refund my monthly subscription? Help! 

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
749 41 114

@eidamccoy 

We're happy to provide a refund for the monthly subscription so long as the store is closed within 72 hours of the invoice generating. If you haven't yet closed the store, you'll want to do so by going to Settings/Account OR Settings/Plans and Permissions (whichever applies to you) and select "Close Store" at the bottom of the page. This will close your store, remove you from active billing, and restrict all access to the account itself. We will need the account to be closed before a refund request can be considered. 

With that all said, I've shipped you an email to help get this request completed!

0 Likes
2 0 0

Hello Peter, I was just charged for the shopify monthly subscription again. I was charged for the past 2 months but I am not looking to recoup those amount. However, I was just charged for this month today. Can I close my store to be refunded that amount back?

Alex

0 Likes
2 0 0

My account was charged $29 USD today and i want close the store as this is just  a testing and learn since i had no sales. I was shocked my bank account was billed of the plan that i did not want in the first place. Please if anyone can help i appreciate it i can't just lose that money that i a just a student and i really need it. Can someone guide me how?

0 Likes
2 0 0

I already close the store. How can i trigger the refund?

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
749 41 114

@akchet 

From the sounds of it, your account would still be active if you're still being billed for the monthly subscription. Could you attempt to login to your account? If you're greeted with a pricing page, the account is closed, which would indicate that you have a secondary account setup. If you're not greeted with a pricing page, and you're able to fully login, then the account is still active and would require that you navigate to Settings/Account or Settings/Plans and Permissions then select "Close Store" at the bottom of the page. Doing so will put you through the prompts to fully close the store and remove you from active billing. Once done, let me know!

@myshop09 

Happy to help here! To provide some context, if the account is not closed before the end of the trial period, and a credit card is added, then that indicates that you've authorized our systems to charge the monthly amount. The refund will need to be processed by someone in Support as it's not an automatic refund. As long as the account was closed within the 72 hours of the invoice generating, I can get a refund processed back to you. I've sent you an email to the email listed in your Community account to get this request reviewed. 

0 Likes
2 0 0

@Peter 

Hello, I have closed my account which is a paid account. When I sign into it, it brings me to the pricing page.

However, I have another account which is shopify developers preview account. This account seems to not be a paid account, however I cannot seem to find where to delete this account.

Am I still able to obtain the refund for my paid account which I have closed?

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
749 41 114

@akchet 

Thank you for ensuring your account was closed. We'll need to take this to email as we can't speak about account specifics in a public forum. I've sent you an email to the email listed on your forums account. If you can follow up there, then I can get your refund request reviewed. 

Chat soon!

0 Likes