require login to see pricing and purchase order payments?

Solved
Highlighted
1 0 0

I work for a wholesaler and we are looking at new hosted solutions for our site. Our three main requirements are the following.

1 - Only we can create accounts or we must approve.
2 - Require login to see pricing or checkout.
3 - The only payment method us purchase order number.

Are these three things easy to do?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
679 63 88

This is an accepted solution.

Hello, @smithburger.

Elias here with Shopify Support. Thank you for this inquiry and I am excited to hear that you are looking at Shopify as one of your hosted solutions.

You can create a members-only store by making customer accounts required and customize  your theme to remove the ability for customers to create accounts. Since this level of customization falls outside the scope of our support and if you have limited knowledge of HTML, CSS, Javascript, or Liquid; I recommend working with Shopify Experts. Shopify Experts are experienced with custom coding and can help you with this. 

There are a couple options for hiding the prices or requiring a login to view the pricing of your products. You can hide your product prices on your online store and have customers contact you before making their purchase by replacing the add to cart button with a contact link. After that, you can send their invoice via email or take payment over the phone by creating a draft order

Alternatively, you can use third-party apps to manage customer accounts or control their ability to view the prices. With these apps, customers can checkout directly through the checkout since they would be approved for their accounts and view the prices. I’ve selected a few options for you to try out.

• Locksmith - this can lock your pages and you can grant access for your customers to those pages through various methods.
  • EasyLockdown - Page Locks - this one is similar to Locksmith and also provides several methods to grant access for your customers.
  • Advanced Registration - this allows you to manually manage customer accounts and lock the website until they are approved. 

There are also wholesale apps that have some of the functions you are looking for built into their app, here’s a list of wholesale apps available in our app store.

If you require technical support with these apps, you can always reach out to the developers directly through the contact information found in the Support section of the app’s page.

Let me know if these options help! If you have any further questions regarding this topic, feel free to reply to this thread and I’d be happy to help.

Elias | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes