Solved

seller doesn’t accept payments in your currency

thecandid0403
Visitor
3 0 1

Hi,

I am trying to do a test purchase, but my paypal says,

'We’re sorry. This seller doesn’t accept payments in your currency. Please return to the seller and choose another way to pay'. My store currency and paypal account, both are set to USD. Can anyone check this out, below is my store link: www.justcandids.com

Another question I have is about discounts. On one of the product I am giving automatic discount of 10% which gets applied on checkout page. So what if a customer directly buy it with express checkout button (Buy with Paypal) on product page itself, will the discount gets applied.  Below is the link:

https://justcandids.com/products/waterproof-usb-travel-backpack

Thanks in advance!!

Accepted Solution (1)

Dallas
Shopify Staff (Retired)
916 61 211

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, there.

This is Dallas from the Shopify Social Care Team.

I have gone through a checkout up to the payment section of your store to see what I see on my end. When I got to the payment page it was just saying that I need to click through to PayPal to pay. I didn't see any error message along the way so I'm assuming that the error that you're seeing is in PayPal is that correct?

This is what I see:2019-11-nghno-xi5m1

If your store currency is in USD and you're just using PayPal then it should process the payments. Can you take a screenshot of the error that you're seeing so I can gather more context?

As for the discount, the discount will automatically populate even if you're using a dynamic checkout with PayPal. On your store, the backpack appears to be $67.99, but in the checkout, I saw $61.20 when I tried. So the discount has been applied.

Have you tried a few different methods of payment when you see the error or just one? If you send over a screenshot of the error that you're seeing I'd be happy to help even more.

Best,

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

View solution in original post

Replies 16 (16)

Dallas
Shopify Staff (Retired)
916 61 211

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, there.

This is Dallas from the Shopify Social Care Team.

I have gone through a checkout up to the payment section of your store to see what I see on my end. When I got to the payment page it was just saying that I need to click through to PayPal to pay. I didn't see any error message along the way so I'm assuming that the error that you're seeing is in PayPal is that correct?

This is what I see:2019-11-nghno-xi5m1

If your store currency is in USD and you're just using PayPal then it should process the payments. Can you take a screenshot of the error that you're seeing so I can gather more context?

As for the discount, the discount will automatically populate even if you're using a dynamic checkout with PayPal. On your store, the backpack appears to be $67.99, but in the checkout, I saw $61.20 when I tried. So the discount has been applied.

Have you tried a few different methods of payment when you see the error or just one? If you send over a screenshot of the error that you're seeing I'd be happy to help even more.

Best,

Noogs
Visitor
1 0 0
Bro I also have same issue did you got solution? If yes help me please
sukh1000
Visitor
1 0 0

@Dallas am facing the same issue here whenever i try to make test purchase it says seller doesnt accept you currency. i have tried changing my payapl accounts setting but nothing seems to work. Its been a month am facing this issue. please...please...please help me out 

Dallas
Shopify Staff (Retired)
916 61 211

@sukh1000 @Noogs 

If you can send over a screenshot of the error that you're seeing that will be helpful for me to figure out the best next steps. 

I do want to let you know, however, that by the sounds of it this is an issue that is originating from the back end of the payment gateway. In this case that would be PayPal. What did they say when you reached out to their support? 

With that screenshot, I will be able to re-analyze the situation. 

saahilkumarjha
Visitor
2 0 1

Even i am having the same problem. This is my Store Link - thebabyfrog.com

Here is the screenshot of the error Capture.PNG

I have changed some settings as well in paypal regarding accepting payments in a different currency.

Please respond ASAP!

Dallas
Shopify Staff (Retired)
916 61 211

Hey, @saahilkumarjha 

I appreciate you sending over that screenshot to help me understand what you're dealing with. 

That particular issue is going to be something that you're going to want to talk to PayPal about. The settings for that are at the back end of their website and I, unfortunately, don't have access to that information. 

8NIRMAL
8 0 0

Hello 

i am facing the same problem. When my customers are try to checkout from my store with paypal it shows "The seller doesn't accept payment in your currency" 

I have attached the image which define my problem clearly. I really need your guidance for the same. Please do needful !

waiting for your favorable response !!!!!seller currency issue 1.jpg

teachmantra
Visitor
1 0 0

Even i am having the same problem. This is my Store Link - thebabyfrog.com

Here is the screenshot of the error 

Screenshot_169.png

ShubhenduN
Tourist
3 0 1

Hello,

I am having the same issue can anyone tell me who has a solution to this problem? My store's currency is in USD and am trying to make a test purchase from a different PayPal address from India and in that account too, I have the USD currency set up already. After clicking on the Buy with PayPal it redirects to the login page and after filling your credentials and clicking on login, this error pops up! 

PayPal errorPayPal error

saahilkumarjha
Visitor
2 0 1

Hey ShubhenduN,

I had the same problem. There's no need to worry about it. It's working totally fine. I called Paypal Customer support and they explained that for an Indian Paypal seller account to receive the money you need to set currency in USD and then only Non-Indian Accounts can make a purchase through it. If you set the currency as INR then only Indian accounts can make payment to you. You created a different account but still, you created it from India only using login credentials so it's still an Indian account. If you want to test then test from an account of someone who's not from India or not living in India. It will work properly fine. 

vedantk1
Visitor
1 0 0

Hey Sahil,

I have the same problem. Please answer some of the questions that I have.

Do you mean that if my PayPal account is Indian (primary currency set up as USD), I will not be able to receive payments from Indian buyer regardless of the currency being used by them?

Also, if that is true, does that also mean that I can only receive payments from the US?

What happens if, let's say, somebody in Australia tries to buy from me? Will I be able to receive the payment in Australian dollar or US dollar? Does the currency they send me automatically convert before showing up in my account or do I get whichever currency they send me?

Is there anything to do with the currency of the store?

Secor
Visitor
1 0 0

Hello,

I have the same doubt, do customers from countries outside US have the ability to pay through PayPal, if my store currency is set to USD ? Did you get the solution

origrosh
Visitor
2 0 0

No, as I see it, there are only 2 buckets. 

Indian and foreign. So, if you can receive payments from the US you will also be able to receive payments from Australia, the Uk etc.

Regards

AnishP
21 0 0

The main issue here is Shopify does not "currency convert" at checkout EVEN IF you use a currency convert app to show different currency price on the UI. And PayPal doesnt allow customers outside of your base currency to make payment if their card currency is diff. 

As an example read about it here - https://developer.paypal.com/docs/location/india/domestic-and-crossborder/#:~:text=PayPal%20currentl....

It is just stupid from PayPal side to have this restriction and similarly stupid from Shopify to not provide this auto conversion during checkout. 

origrosh
Visitor
2 0 0

Hi,

What do I do if I want to accept payments from both indian accounts and foreign accounts?

arshkapoor
Visitor
1 0 0

I am having the same issue with my website: viewbooster.me and getting the following error message my PayPal account is from India

We’re sorry. This seller doesn’t accept payments in your currency. Please return to the seller and choose another way to pay.

I am clueless why this is happening