seller doesn’t accept payments in your currency

Solved
3 0 1

Hi,

I am trying to do a test purchase, but my paypal says,

'We’re sorry. This seller doesn’t accept payments in your currency. Please return to the seller and choose another way to pay'. My store currency and paypal account, both are set to USD. Can anyone check this out, below is my store link: www.justcandids.com

Another question I have is about discounts. On one of the product I am giving automatic discount of 10% which gets applied on checkout page. So what if a customer directly buy it with express checkout button (Buy with Paypal) on product page itself, will the discount gets applied.  Below is the link:

https://justcandids.com/products/waterproof-usb-travel-backpack

Thanks in advance!!

1 Like

Success.

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
553 36 77

Hey, there.

This is Dallas from the Shopify Social Care Team.

I have gone through a checkout up to the payment section of your store to see what I see on my end. When I got to the payment page it was just saying that I need to click through to PayPal to pay. I didn't see any error message along the way so I'm assuming that the error that you're seeing is in PayPal is that correct?

This is what I see:2019-11-nghno-xi5m1

If your store currency is in USD and you're just using PayPal then it should process the payments. Can you take a screenshot of the error that you're seeing so I can gather more context?

As for the discount, the discount will automatically populate even if you're using a dynamic checkout with PayPal. On your store, the backpack appears to be $67.99, but in the checkout, I saw $61.20 when I tried. So the discount has been applied.

Have you tried a few different methods of payment when you see the error or just one? If you send over a screenshot of the error that you're seeing I'd be happy to help even more.

Best,

Dallas | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0
Bro I also have same issue did you got solution? If yes help me please
0 Likes
1 0 0

@Dallas am facing the same issue here whenever i try to make test purchase it says seller doesnt accept you currency. i have tried changing my payapl accounts setting but nothing seems to work. Its been a month am facing this issue. please...please...please help me out 

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
553 36 77

@sukh1000 @Noogs 

If you can send over a screenshot of the error that you're seeing that will be helpful for me to figure out the best next steps. 

I do want to let you know, however, that by the sounds of it this is an issue that is originating from the back end of the payment gateway. In this case that would be PayPal. What did they say when you reached out to their support? 

With that screenshot, I will be able to re-analyze the situation. 

Dallas | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes