setting up printify as my default location to fulfill orders

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

Hello,

my physical address was set up when I signed up and it became my default location. when i added the Printify app  it was supposed to become my default location as all orders will be fulfilled and shipped from them. Unfortunately when I go to set up my shipping and choose carrier options, I don't get Printify and in turn I don't get any carrier rates. 

I'm at a loss here and need help.

Screen Shot 2020-03-05 at 5.57.09 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-03-05 at 5.59.38 PM.png

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1234 76 269

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @Znawa

Thank you for the screenshots! Based on the context provided, there seems to be some confusion surrounding how locations and shipping rates work. As it stands, Printify is set up as a location which is done automatically when using their app. With their location added, it will ensure that products are being shipped from that location when an order is placed while ensuring rates are accurately calculated based on their address. 

While the location is automatically added, Printify shipping rates are not. You do have the option to use carrier or app to calculate rates, though, to use Printify's rates, it would require the Carrier Calculated Shipping Rate (CCS) feature. The CCS feature comes at the cost of $20/month, or for free when you pay for your Shopify subscription annually instead of monthly (saves you 10% on the plan, and $240 on the feature). Printify has more information on their shipping rates and this feature on their help doc here

Without this feature, you would want to create manual weight-based shipping rates. Thankfully, Printify has a handy Youtube video here that dives into how to get weight-based shipping rates set up for their service. 

I hope this helps; however, if you have any questions, let me know!

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

Thank peter, that was extremely helpful.

1 Like
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 1

Hello Peter,

I went back to Printify to help me set up the CCS feature through them. After referring back to their technical team, they concluded there is a chance that Shopify didn’t enable the CCS feature on my account after I upgraded my plan to an annual plan. Are you able to assist me with that?

0 Likes