shipping quotes based on weight

carguy11122
2 0 0

Hello All,

I have tried to search this and don't mind the newbie question please. I am trying to have the shipping price on products be calculated based on weight, and not some set amount. I can't see to find an option to allow me to do this although it seems like such a logical thing. 

Currently it only allows me to set a shipping price for standard or expedited and a given weight range and price. It needs to be a little more detailed and base a price on the exact weight of that product. 

I have set up my UPS account and it works. Just need to get this part handled.

0 Likes
HariKrishna
Shopify Partner
659 15 70

Hi @carguy11122,

Yes, in Shopify shipping, you can only set shipping price for standard or expedited and a given weight range and price. Although you have tried setting it up, you can look into this guide for a better understanding.

To handle it as per your requirement, you will have to use an app like Multi Carrier Shipping Label that helps you set the shipping rates based on the total weight for an order or even a weight-range. Also, I see you have set up your UPS account with Shopify. However, you can also add your own UPS account and handle the complete shipping if required. You can try the app with a 14-day free trial and contact the support for any assistance. 

Customer Success @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
0 Likes
carguy11122
2 0 0

Thanks so much for the detailed response. 

I will look into the app now. 

As far as you mentioning my own UPS account can you explain more on this? Do you mean add to the app you showed or on its own? Thanks again.

0 Likes
HariKrishna
Shopify Partner
659 15 70

Hi @carguy11122,

I have set up my UPS account and it works. Just need to get this part handled.

Have you added your own UPS account in Shopify or used Shopify UPS account? If you have used your own UPS account, you can easily do that with the app. You can add the same UPS account with the app and completely automate the shipping process along with handling the weight-based shipping cost calculation. 

Customer Success @ PluginHive
Shipping Automation | FedEx shipping | Multi-carrier shipping | Shipment Tracking | Australia Post shipping
0 Likes