shipping sender address

Highlighted
1 0 0

How to I change my shipping from address on my shipping labels. I changed the store address, and the shipping location address but my shipping label for some reason keeps printing out with my home address on it. 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
138 14 45

Hi, Faith!

Sunny here from the Shopify Guru team. I would be happy to look into this for you.

Just to clarify, are you printing your shipping labels directly from the Shopify admin, or are you using a third pard app? If you are printing them from within Shopify, there are a few areas in the admin where addresses are stored. Let's go through each of those areas to make sure we cover our bases.

1. The first area can be found in Settings > General. This is where merchants go to input their shops details including store name, account and customer emails and store address, which will appear on invoices and is also used to calculate shipping rates when purchasing labels.
  2. The second area that stores your address is in the Settings > Shipping section. Under Shipping Origin, this is the address that is used to calculate shipping rates when the customer is in the checkout. This address should be the same as the address on the General page, but it's always good to double check. 
  3. Lastly, there is a new section in the admin called Locations, which can be found in Settings > Locations. Here is where merchants go to manage their inventory and orders across all of their locations. In this area you can add, manage and select which address is your default shipping origin. You will want to make sure to check this page to see if the correct address is selected, which could be why you're seeing the wrong address on your shipping labels. It's also important to make sure your fulfillment priorities are set up correctly as you may have the wrong address set as the default. This area can be found at the very bottom of Locations.

Take a look through each of those areas and let me know what you find. If you're not 100% sure and want a second pair of eyes, feel free to send us an email at support@shopify.com, pass along the ticket number in this thread and I would be happy you take a closer look.

I look forward to hearing from you!

Cheers,

Sunny | Shopify Guru

Sunny | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 2

In case anyone comes up against the same issue - we had our new address correct in all three settings areas (General, Locations, and Shipping), but we didn't Deactivate the original location in "Locations". That solved the issue.

Highlighted
3 0 0

If my two locations show the same inventory, do I need to worry about "enabling the inventory at locations"?

0 Likes