shipping setup UPS account and weight and dimensional shipping calculation

Highlighted
3 0 0

I am trying to setup shipping profile using my carrier rates (UPS) and add a handling fee based on total cart weight of order.  I have the "Carrier and app rates" set to use my UPS account, but I also need to add a handling fee based on weight condition.  I set up the the two weight conditions under "Your Rates".  But I can't figure out how to get the shipping calculated in the cart to use my UPS rate AND add in the fee for the weight.  I also can't really tell if Shopify is really using my carrier rates since it doesn't calculate the same as when I go to UPS directly and set up a label.  One other question, is there a way to have a handling fee added to the cart for a specific product(s).

shipping profile 2.JPG

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
79 4 16

Hey @dearthdog,

It looks like you've exhausted the functionality of Shopify's live shipping rates. I've broken down your questions and provided answers below them. 

"I also need to add a handling fee based on weight condition"

• You can only add in a manual or percentage-based handling fee with Shopify for your live rates

"I also can't really tell if Shopify is really using my carrier rates since it doesn't calculate the same as when I go to UPS directly and set up a label."

• This is because Shopify only sends off one box size for your carrier rate calculations (your 'default' box size), but you're using the proper box sizes for fulfillment. Shopify doesn't offer accurate live rates if you fulfill with more than one box size. 

"Is there a way to have a handling fee added to the cart for a specific product(s)."

• Not with Shopify's built-in shipping options, no. Their shipping options are quite limited, unfortunately. 
  •  

If you're open to using a third-party app, you can cover all of your shipping requirements with Intuitive Shipping. We even have a dimensional shipping algorithm that will charge your customers accurate live rates at checkout. If you want to book a call to learn how to configure the app the best way for your store, you can do that here or reach out directly to our team at support@intuitiveshipping.com 

Warm regards,
Sharon 

Co-Founder / CEO @ Intuitive Shipping Inc.
Intuitive Shipping | Smart Boxing | Automate Shipping Profiles

0 Likes
Highlighted
3 0 0

Sharon, 

Thank you for your reply.  The Intuitive Shipping app may be a solution.  However, we are a small new store shipping a frozen product and the app fee is more than we would like to pay to simply add a handling fee.  Do you have a version for a limited number of orders or less robust functionality that is less cost per month?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
79 4 16

Hey @dearthdog,

We offer a 'Starter' plan that includes 100 orders for $14.99. You will have to reach out directly to our customer success team at support@intuitiveshipping.com to get it added. We also offer a 14-day live trial so you can take it for a true test drive in your store.

Warm regards,
Sharon 

Co-Founder / CEO @ Intuitive Shipping Inc.
Intuitive Shipping | Smart Boxing | Automate Shipping Profiles

0 Likes