Solved

What determines shipping rates in Shopify when using Printful for dropshipping?

FrankL19
5 0 0

im going to use printful for dropshipping and integrate it with shopify.

I am confused about how shipping settings work on shopify.

If someone was to order from my shop, do they pay the rates set out in my 'general shipping profile' or the rates set out in my printful 'app shipping profile'?

Do i need to customize the printful 'app shipping profile' on shopify to match the rates charged by printful? Do i need to remove all rates in my 'general shipping profile'?

i will be using the basic shopify plan so i wont be using live rates.

Accepted Solutions (2)

BobsMojo
Shopify Partner
449 44 113

This is an accepted solution.

Hello @FrankL19 

Your customers will see the rates from whichever profile the product(s) they are purchasing are set in within your shipping settings. If the products they are purchasing are in separate shipping profiles, then it will add the rates from the different profiles together at checkout. If you don't have any products in your 'General' profile, then you shouldn't need to worry about doing anything with the rates in that profile.

I believe the Printful app automatically places all of the Printful products you create in the Printful shipping profile, and automatically sets up the shipping rates in that profile. You can still go into that profile and review and change the rates if you are not happy with what Printful set up. What you charge your customers for shipping is completely up to you. You could offer 100% free shipping and increase your product prices to account for the shipping cost that Printful charges you, increase the rates slightly to charge slightly more than what Printful charges you, or leave the rates the same.

View solution in original post

BobsMojo
Shopify Partner
449 44 113

@FrankL19 

Your customers will receive the notifications from your Shopify store. Printful sends the information into Shopify, which triggers the Shopify notifications to your customer.

View solution in original post

Replies 6 (6)

BobsMojo
Shopify Partner
449 44 113

Hello @FrankL19 

Your customers will see the rates from whichever profile the product(s) they are purchasing are set in within your shipping settings. If the products they are purchasing are in separate shipping profiles, then it will add the rates from the different profiles together at checkout. If you don't have any products in your 'General' profile, then you shouldn't need to worry about doing anything with the rates in that profile.

I believe the Printful app automatically places all of the Printful products you create in the Printful shipping profile, and automatically sets up the shipping rates in that profile. You can still go into that profile and review and change the rates if you are not happy with what Printful set up. What you charge your customers for shipping is completely up to you. You could offer 100% free shipping and increase your product prices to account for the shipping cost that Printful charges you, increase the rates slightly to charge slightly more than what Printful charges you, or leave the rates the same.

FrankL19
5 0 0

thank you so much!!!!

FrankL19
5 0 0

sorry i just had another question.

with the notifications, if i change how these look in the shopify settings, is that what my customers will see?

i am confused becasue i am using printful and shopify, i am not sure who does what.

So basically what i am asking is, will customers see notifications according to printful standards, or will they see notifications according to the ones i set in shopify settings? (e.g. order confirmation)

Thanks Again!

FrankL19
5 0 0
BobsMojo
Shopify Partner
449 44 113

@FrankL19 

Your customers will receive the notifications from your Shopify store. Printful sends the information into Shopify, which triggers the Shopify notifications to your customer.

FrankL19
5 0 0

thank you once again much appreciated