shopify mobile money payment

Highlighted
1 0 0

Good morning.

I would like to know if shopify allows the payment with mobile money? so the customer can pay via their mobile money account.

Especially in Ghana, i would like to use it with the mobile local operator such as MTN, TIGO.

would it be possible to do so with shopify?

thanks

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
575 18 67

Hi, Christiandef.

This is Max from the Shopify Team.

At the moment, we only have a few options available for payment integrations in your country of Ghana - check them out here

If you were looking to capture payments using the methods you mentioned, this would need to be done externally. One option would be to add a custom manual payment option, so you could record the customer details and sale within Shopify, and charge the amount due using another service. 

Let us know if that helps clear things up!

Best of luck with your business, 

Max
support@shopify.com

Max | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

1 Like
Highlighted
2 0 3

Hello Shopify,

I don't understand why you can not exceptionnally allow MobileMoney as payment method for your e-traders from Africa where they don't have any credit card payment method available... Do we be obliged to moove from Shopify to another web host that integrate Mobilemoney methods ?

Why can't you make an effort for Africa where some payments you offer are too much limited and not accessible for customers ?

Actually my wbesite is suspended because I am still searching for a payment method, I am in Cameroon.

Cordially,

2 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello Shopify,

This is 2020, and Africa is the global leader in mobile money. I think it's about time you looked into this or make an effort to enable mobile money payments within the region.  Clearly, you are not making commerce better for everyone like you claim. 

Best,
Selasi K.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 3
We want you to allow mobile money payment application for us in Africa. ..
1 Like