shopify payments account on hold

Highlighted
5 0 0

Hi,

I set up my shopify payements account day before yesterday and once it was set up , there was a message on my homepage that my Shopify payments account is on hold. I have not received any mail from Shopify regarding any paperwork .I  was wondering when will the freeze be released so that I can start my online store as soon as possible without any payments issue.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1653 100 361

Hey, @kareena!

In most cases, the admin would display an option to upload documents to verify the business which would remove the hold once the documents have been reviewed. However, it does sound like this isn't an option for you, and suggests that you contact support for further assistance. I've gone ahead and sent you an email to verify the store. Please respond to the email with the requested information so I can help get this sent up to our Payments team. 

Peter | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

Hi Peter,

Thank you for looking into this for me.

I have replied to you with my store link on mail.

Please let me know if you any more information from my end.

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi there,

My store also has the same issue. It was working earlier but now is saying "Your store can’t accept new orders with Shopify Payments." 

I don't have any option to upload any paperwork. Can you please assist Peter?

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1653 100 361

@Ridaa 

I've shipped you an email!

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi Peter,

Maybe you can help me too... I also experienced the 'On Hold' message, and uploaded the request documents. 

We then received an update saying the uploaded image was slightly cropped in one side, and the Shopify Payment team needed another utility bill RE the proof of address.

New documents were uploaded early this week, and there has been no change to the 'On hold' status. 

Please can you look into this. We can send other documents if needed, but this ongoing silence is not very reassuring. 

This should not be a major problem as we are a very successful business that has operated for over 25 years, and we are just working toward moving our already very active website to the Shopify platform. 

Let me know.

Regards, Wayne

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1653 100 361

@Motohaus_ecomme 

Sounds like your documents were successfully submitted. Once submitted, your documents need to be manually reviewed by our teams which can take between 24-72 business hours. There may be a delay in reviews depending on the number of reviews our teams need to do; however, as soon as the review has been completed, then the hold will be removed. Otherwise, our teams will reach out to you for further information if the documents do not provide enough information on your business. 

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hello i have same problem account payments are on hold it showed up after i did practice order. Never received any emails about please help me out thank you 

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

@Peter Thank you for your reply. Well, it has been a few weeks now and our new website is still stuck in the status "Your payouts from Shopify Payments are on hold while we review your account".

No email from anyone at Shopify, so I do not know what to do to solve this??? Any suggestions?

Kind regards,

Wayne

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
1653 100 361

@Motohaus_ecomme @YuriLamore 

I have shipped both of you an email.

0 Likes