shopify payments

AliEldawy
4 0 0

Hi guys i want to add shopify payments to my store but it's not support for my country (Egypt) , but i have company in England so how can i add the shopify payments to my account ?

0 Likes
Victor
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
770 66 191

Hi @AliEldawy,

Shopify Payments UK can only be used by merchants and businesses based in the United Kingdom, as per section B1 of our Terms of Service:

The Payments Services are only made available to persons in the United Kingdom that operate a business selling goods and services.

Merchants using Shopify Payments in the UK will need to provide a chequing account opened with a UK-based financial institution, and may be asked to provide a UK address for verification purposes. If you do not have a UK bank account and are not based in the UK, you are likely ineligible to use Shopify Payments.

Kind regards,

Victor | Shopify Social Care

Victor | Social Care @ Shopify 
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
AliEldawy
4 0 0

Yes i have company located in London UK but i live in Egypt , so is there's any solve for this ?

0 Likes
Victor
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
770 66 191

Hi @AliEldawy,

Do you have any physical presence in the UK, such as a permanent residence there? Do you have a chequing account with a UK bank (e.g. Lloyds, HSBC, Barclays)? If not, then you would not be able to use Shopify Payments UK and would instead need to use one of the gateways available to our merchants in Egypt.

Kind regards,

0 Likes
AliEldawy
4 0 0

Yes i have UK bank account and the company located only but i live in Egypt

0 Likes
AliEldawy
4 0 0

Yes i have UK bank account and the company located only but i live in Egypt?

0 Likes
Victor
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
770 66 191

Hi @AliEldawy,

Okay, I see. It may be possible to use Shopify Payments even if you do not reside in the United Kingdom, but you may be asked to provide evidence that your business in based in the UK. This may include proof of business registration with the UK government, and/ or evidence that products are being shipped from the UK. This would be in addition to providing a UK-based bank account and government-issued identification.

Kind regards,

0 Likes