syncing Printful shipping rates with an annual plan?

Solved
Highlighted
Tourist
8 1 1

Sorry if this has been answered already but I couldn't find a definitive answer. 

I am using the basic monthly plan currently but the hassle of trying to match Printfuls shipping profiles is a lot and stressful. 

After doing some Googling I came across an user who was having the same issue as me and a member of the staff informed them that in order to:

" fully integrate the shipping information with Printful, you need to add a custom calculated shipping (CCS) package. It's an additional $20 per month for a monthly basic or professional plan. If you're on the annual or advanced plan, this package comes for free. "

My question is, does this mean that if I pay for my Basic package on a yearly basis instead of month to month, will I have capability to fully integrate Printfuls shipping info, or do I still need to purchase a higher plan? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
526 34 74

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @Tipp-p.

Sophia here from Shopify. Welcome to the Shopify Community!

You're right - you would be paying for the Basic plan on either an annual, biennial, or triennial basis in order to access Shopify's Carrier Calculated Shipping feature. The CCS feature allows you to integrate Printful's live rates on any of the Shopify plan tiers, so there's no need to upgrade to one of the higher tier plans unless it makes sense for your business at this time.

In addition to the Carrier Calculated Shipping feature added to your account for free, the annual, biennial, and triennial billing options also save you between 10-25% on your Shopify subscription. You can view these billing options and their associated savings in your admin under Settings > Account > Compare plans > Change your billing period if you’re interested. If you do go ahead with one of these options, let me know and I can add the CCS feature to your account. I'm here if you have any questions!

Sophia | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

Highlighted
Tourist
8 1 1

Thank you so much, that clears up so much for me. I will definitely be purchasing the annual plan very soon, i'll be sure to contact you once I do. Thanks again! 

Highlighted
Tourist
8 1 1

Hello @Sophia 

I have updated my billing period to an annual basis. Is there anything I should do to add the CCS feature to my account? 

Thanks 

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
526 34 74

This is an accepted solution.

Hey, @Tipp-p!

I'll send you an email so that I can access the account as I'll need to add CCS from my end. It'll be an instant change, so you'll have access to the feature as soon as I add it. Once you receive my email, please send a quick reply confirming the myshopify.com URL that we need to add Carrier Calculated Shipping to and I'll get that done for you today. Thank you!

Highlighted
1 0 0

Hi,

I just switched to the annual plan so I can get free CCS enabled. I need my Printful app to sync live shipping rates.

Can you help me get CCS setup?

Thanks,

Curt

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
526 34 74

Hi, @curtwhitfield.

Sure thing! I've sent an email to you so that I can authenticate your account and add CCS. When you get a chance, can you please send a quick reply to that email? Thank you so much.

Once we have CCS enabled on your account, you can follow Printful's guide here to get their live rates activated on your store. Feel free to follow up on this thread if you have any questions about the setup!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
3 0 3

I am having trouble when customers checkout in my shopify store.

Any products that they have from Printiful vendor I get error saying "items you added can't be shipped to your address.

In my shipping settings I have Printful listed as my carrier for my domestic and Rest of the World Shipping Zones under General shipping. And I thought my plan allows for Live shipping rates. Which in my Printiful shipping setting I have enabled.

Under my Products I have the Vendor as Printful for my products that are dropped shipped from them too.

I have another Dropshipper, Printfy, and all those products are going through without any issues. 

I have tried deleting my shipping settings and then adding Printiful back in under shipping and that doesnt work.

I have the annual plan, and I had requested CCS package via shopify. Is there a way someone can verify the CCS has been activated?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
526 34 74

@Mork wrote:

I am having trouble when customers checkout in my shopify store.

Any products that they have from Printiful vendor I get error saying "items you added can't be shipped to your address.

In my shipping settings I have Printful listed as my carrier for my domestic and Rest of the World Shipping Zones under General shipping. And I thought my plan allows for Live shipping rates. Which in my Printiful shipping setting I have enabled.

Under my Products I have the Vendor as Printful for my products that are dropped shipped from them too.

I have another Dropshipper, Printfy, and all those products are going through without any issues. 

I have tried deleting my shipping settings and then adding Printiful back in under shipping and that doesnt work.

I have the annual plan, and I had requested CCS package via shopify. Is there a way someone can verify the CCS has been activated?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hi, @Mork!

Sophia here from Shopify. If you're seeing Printful listed under Settings > Shipping, the CCS feature is activated on your account. You won't be able to activate live rates from third-party apps without having CCS enabled first.

Are customers attempting to checkout with Printful products only, or have they added other items to their cart? Printful actually advises using the Advanced Shipping Rules app if you have non-Printful products in your store. The additional products may be why the rates aren't showing up at checkout even if they're set up correctly in the admin.

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hello Sophia I'd like to upgrade my plan to the yearly plan so that I can integrate the Printful Live Rates for shipping.  Do I need to switch to the annual plan BEFORE you can send me the email for the upgrade or will the email contain those instructions?  I think I may have screwed up some things trying to figure this out along the way by setting up everything to follow the printful rates before switching to the annual plan.

0 Likes