try to get a refund from a shopify store

Highlighted
2 0 1

hi, I have purchased an item on a shopify store and got a refund for the order,it's been more than a month and I still haven't got the money returned to my bank account,

the store owner showed me the screenshot of the refund has been placed,and I have also got the refund confirmation email sent out through shopify system ,it has "shopify" attached to the email title

it's been more than a month now I haven't got it so I have talked to the owner again and he said he processed it and already gotten shopify to debit from his account,but not sure what the hold up is,he spoke to a manager in shopify on the phone and he said shopify will reach out to me by email to confirm with me the details,so far it's been two days I have got nothing.

I'm not sure if  the shopify owner is lying to me or not,is it possible for the owner to place the refund on shopify,but for some reason he didn't release the fund,so he can show me the refund screeshot saying it's done then blaming on something selse casued the hold up?thanks!

1 Like
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
97 1 16

Hey Neo, 

I'm Zuzanna, from the team here at Shopify :)

Although we wouldn't be able to confirm anything from our end for the security and protection of our merchants, what I can tell you is that your bank has built-in security measures to protect you, so your next step will be to reach out to them. 

They are directly involved with the movement of your funds so if needed they can also help with forcing a refund on their end. That said, they can also double check to make sure the refund wasn't issued already and somehow got lost in your statement. It's also great to keep in mind that sometimes bank and credit card processing times can delay the refund process - if the payment is pending, your institution will also be able to tell you if that's the case. 

I hope this helps! If you have any more questions or concerns feel free to reach out to us here :) 

Have a great one,
Zuzanna

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1

here's the refund confirmation email screeshot,it was recieved on 17th MAY,

does it mean shpopify will send a notification to my bank imidiately?last time I have checked with my bank and they said they have got nothing,if the refund was not proceesd will they also get a notification?thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hello neo, i saw recently your post, i want to ask you, how take it long the refund, i am in the same situation.

I hope can you help me with this information.

Have a nice day

Regard

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

This is my proof o my refund

0 Likes
Highlighted
1 0 0

Hello, 

I ordered shoes from Foot Saint back in February. Order #8504. I have given ample time and have never received them. When I went to email the store, I found that the shopify store has been deleted. I have emailed the store at footsaintco@gmail.com several times with no reply. Each email, I requested a refund. I have not received any response from them. Their facebook page is deleted as well. I need to get that money back. The store Foot Saint basically stole my money and ran. What can Shopify do to remedy this situation? 

0 Likes
Highlighted
5 0 0

Hi, 

Let your bank know of the order # and hopefully they will refund you!!

0 Likes