untitled

Highlighted
11 0 0

Hi everyone

I would like to setup on demand shipping rates for my store, and add the same rates the seller has for expedited shipping they have on their products.Is there any way to do this for individual products or will it just be the same rates for the whole catalogue?

Since I have various suppliers,each of them have slight differences in shipping price and unifying it could mean I'd be out of pocket for the shortfall.

Does anyone know how I can do this?My store is outside of USA and none of the rates apply that would normally appear as options on the ususal list.Ist there an app I can install or something to put the shipping optioins in my checkout page?I'm currently on the basic Shopify plan and only offer the free shipping option so far.

Thanks

Angie

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3073 231 503

Hi Angie, 

Nick here from Shopify. 

When you mention "on demand shipping rates" I'm thinking are you referring to carrier calculated shipping rates. Carrier calculated shipping rates offers live up to date shipping rates for each customer based on the dimension of the package and their location. An app which you can use here to compliment this is the Better Shipping app. The Better Shipping app, let's you customize the shipping settings multiple different ways. 

Between the Better Shipping app and carrier calculated shipping, you can pretty much edit and adjust the shipping rates to what you need them to be which will hopefully do what you need it. 

Don't hesitate to ask should you have any other questions about anything. 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
11 0 0

Thanks for the advice Nick,

Still getting the hang of this whole dropshipping thing, but the main difficulty I have so far, is my store is not eligible for shipping since it is on the basic plan.Still trying to figure out all the technical stuff before I commit to another app and bill before I have enough sales to cover things properly. I hoped there would be a way I can somehow write this into the code somewhere or at least have an app to test for a resonable length of time to figure out the best way to ship to my customers.

At the moment I have to somehow incorporate some kind of expedited shipping into the price and offer as an option a discount for the standard shipping and hope my price point is still manageble.

Weight-based doesn't work for all the items in my store, so I'm still kind of stuck with free shipping for now.Will test this and update once I figure out how to manage individual items from different suppliers.

Thanks 

Angie

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3073 231 503

Hi Angie, 

No problem at all. Completely understand what you mean. I wouldn't be too comfortable or aware of a way to edit this into the code in any way, I would only know the way to do this via the app myself. It could be worth reaching out to a Shopify Expert directly to look into having something built custom into your code. I don't believe it would be a simple code edit and that could be expensive to do also, which is why I went down the app avenue first. 

Hope that helps and clears things up a little more. Any other questions, just ask. 

Best, Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Partner
32 0 1

Hello,

Try LINKIFY APP to Import products from Amazon to shopify in 1 Click.

Dropshipping (Add to Cart Button) and Amazon Affiliate (View on Amazon Button) both options.

Also they have better additional features like Auto Price change from Amazon for Affiliates, Price convertor if product is Imported from other Amazon Websites, Markup Price and many more.

Try LINKIFY APP https://apps.shopify.com/linkify

Best Regards, Anthony David | Partner| Pinesap internet Services Pvt. Ltd. anthony@pinesap.in Dream + Work = Success.
0 Likes