using a debit card instead of a credit card for accepting payments

Highlighted
1 0 0

hi, im pedram

i currently live in a country in which i cant get a credit card or a debit card. how ever i got a friend who got a debit card which i can use.

i want to open a shop and only use the 14 day trial (so i wont have problems with paying shopify i just need the card for accepting payments.)

basically im not going to buy anything or spend anything with my debit card

so is it possible to use a DEBIT card ONLY to get your shop running?

because I made a shop few month ago and then realized i need a card and without one people wont be able to purchase anything

I REALLY want to start my own shopify store 

thanks for your help in advance

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
692 73 109

Hi, @pedram!

I’m Helen from Shopify Support. Thanks for your question!

You are correct. A credit card is not required during the 14-day free trial. However, if you would like to continue using your new Shopify account, and have an active checkout on your storefront so that customers can purchase from your store, a billing method of payment is needed. 

At this time, debit cards cannot be used for your Shopify invoices. But for merchants outside of the USA, you have the option to use a full credit card (Visa, Mastercard, American Express) OR Paypal! What region is your store based in?

If you are located outside of the USA, choosing Paypal as a billing method for your subscription is easily done by going to ‘Settings > Billing’ from your Shopify admin. For more information about using Paypal, take a look at our Help Doc here.

Let me know if this helps!

Helen | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

0 Likes