warehouse locations (not multiple warehouses)

Solved
Highlighted
Explorer
41 0 19

My inventory is getting larger and until now we know where things are but as things are growing we are finding it harder to find product during the picking process.  Is there a way to setup inventory locations within a store location?  

Like product X is located on shelf A bin 3?  this would help with cycle counts as well.  instead of a sheet of various product located everywhere we can go shelf by shelf.  

3 Likes
3 0 0

i desperately need the same thing.      we have our retail location setup with different sections and we have the same variants located in different sections. when we do cycle counts for a section, the count is showing incorrect because it is looking for the total number for that location.      

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
460 57 75

This is an accepted solution.

Hi, @ClearChoiceAqua 

I’m Helen from Shopify Support. That’s great to hear that your business is growing so much! But I completely understand how this is causing an issue for you.

You can implement a warehouse bin management system by using a third party app like Quick Pick Pick Lists. Through this app you can apply a bin location to your products at each warehouse they are located at. A pick list can then be generated for your orders that shows exactly where that item is located within the warehouse.

Quick Pick Pick Lists has a 14-day free trial, so I suggest installing it on your store to see if it will work how you need it to. If you uninstall it before the trial ends, you will not be charged for it. 

Please reach out to the developer directly if you have any questions about the set up or functionality of this app; We have a Help Doc here for guidance on how to do this. They will be your best resource for any assistance you may need with it.

All the best,

Helen | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Click Accept as Solution 

1 Like
Highlighted
Explorer
41 0 19

Quick pick pick list is a good app but it's not 100%.  I've been using it for a while and my main problem is the app based pick list (not the printable one) does not sort by bin loc or display bin loc.  I contacted them and they say an update is coming to address that.  

I don't think it would work for retail since you'll need 2 locs.  I haven't used it for cycle count yet since we've been short staffed but should be back to normal soon (hopefully?)

0 Likes