weird test checkouts

Highlighted
2 0 1

I am getting weekly "test" checkouts by anonymous and seemingly untraceable "customers". I'm new to shopify so was wondering if this is normal and/or something to be concerned about. I have read other posts about test orders and removing them to consolidate accounting but I am wondering if there is any way to stop this weirdness... i guess i just don't understand what they are trying to do by putting in generic shipping and "test test" or "shopify guru" as names and basically going nowhere. it does skew my analytics numbers too - any way to filter these out?

also can i ban a user? they've saved their bogus info as a customer and i would prefer to ban them from using this fake account...

thanks!

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3073 231 501

Hi @mcc,

Nick here from Shopify. 

That does sound very odd, to be honest. By any chance did you reach out to our support team recently for any help with anything regarding your orders? Without taking a closer look in your admin at the orders specifically it's quite difficult to troubleshoot exactly why this might be happening. 

On the chance that you didn't reach out to support recently, this might require a closer look which I would need to email you directly about because it would involve some sensitive information. If you would like me to email you, could you confirm that the best email to reach you on is the email address you signed up to the community with? 

Looking forward to hearing from you. 

All the best, Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 1

thank you! sorry for the delay. 

no i have not contacted support and yes please send me email to the address on file.

i appreciate your help!

1 Like
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3073 231 501

Hi @mcc,

I have sent you an email about this. Should you for any reason not have received it, please let me know. 

Talk to you soon!

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes