Add Order Tag before email notification to merchant

NitroMedia
3 0 0

Hi !

Is there a way to add Order Tags when the order is placed ? So when the notification email is received by the merchant, the tag is already here ? I know I can add them through the API once the order is made, but the tag won't be in the email.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Jason
Shopify Expert
10354 155 1990

Why do you need to tag the Order in the first place?

You can't add a tag to an Order until it's an Order. Until the checkout it 100% complete it's either a cart or a checkout and you can't add tags to those.

I jump on these forums to help and share some insights. Not looking to be hired, and not looking for work.

Don't hand out staff invites or give admin password to forum members unless absolutely needed. In most cases the help you need can be handled without that.

★ http://freakdesign.com.au ★
0 Likes
Prabhat
Shopify Expert
74 5 15

What you can do is disable the order notification from Shopify backend. Use webhook to know when a order is placed and Use API to tag the order then shoot a mail to Merchant from the API server hope this make sense 

Solution Expert
- Did I solved your issue? Like & Mark As Solution to help the community
0 Likes
greg-gkr
Shopify Partner
19 0 4

Why do you need to tag the Order in the first place?

I understand the purpose of asking questions like this. As a frustrated developer, this isn't really what you want to read as the first sentence of a response you're hoping is going to help you solve your problem. Good to include it, but stating your other comments first, then asking this at the end with a follow up like "If we know what you're trying to accomplish there may be another way to do this" would go over a lot better. To the OP, when asking for help, explaining WHY you need to do a particular thing can go a long way in getting you an answer to your question.

I have this very need which is why I stumbled on this older post. I would like to tag an order that has had a discount applied to it via my script as a way to track orders discounted in a certain way. I would think this would be VERY important to a lot of merchants.

Can we inject hidden form values to the cart page using scripts? Something like cart attributes maybe?

0 Likes
MJaspan
Shopify Partner
16 1 1

I am seeking the same answer... a way to Tag an order would allow us to properly move the order into our ERP System given a proper promotion code.

Any other ideas welcome! Thank you in advance.

0 Likes