Adding a Video to the Cart Page

myrollingtray
Tourist
9 0 2

Im looking for an app or I want to see if there is a way to add videos to your cart page. I have a high abandon rate and I feel like I can change that by adding a custom personal message letting my customers know that there is a face to this business.

Replies 5 (5)

AfterDarkGrafx
Shopify Partner
219 13 57

just embed youtube video on cart page template

James Byrne, Owner, Information Architect (USMC VET)
After Dark Grafx - Since 1992
"We Work After Dark, So You Don't Have To!"
https://www.afterdarkgrafx.com

Services: Website Design, Mobile App Development (iOS, Android, Windows), Ecommerce, Magento, Shopify, Miva, BigCommerce, Search Engine Optimization, Wordpress, Hosting, Graphic Design, Merchant Accounts, Consulting and all things web related!

Certified Partner/Developer/Affiliates: Shopify, Google Integrator, Wordpress, Zoho, AuthorizeNet, Geotrust and a Member of the San Diego Regional Chamber of Commerce, Veteran Owned Businesses, Veteran's In Business Network.

I also build custom apps for Shopify!
myrollingtray
Tourist
9 0 2
Will you be able to help embedding this?
AfterDarkGrafx
Shopify Partner
219 13 57

whats the store address?

also note, if embedding direct youtube video, it will show related videos at end...

I can give you cost once I see website or DM me...

Services: Website Design, Mobile App Development (iOS, Android, Windows), Ecommerce, Magento, Shopify, Miva, BigCommerce, Search Engine Optimization, Wordpress, Hosting, Graphic Design, Merchant Accounts, Consulting and all things web related!

Certified Partner/Developer/Affiliates: Shopify, Google Integrator, Wordpress, Zoho, AuthorizeNet, Geotrust and a Member of the San Diego Regional Chamber of Commerce, Veteran Owned Businesses, Veteran's In Business Network.

myrollingtray
Tourist
9 0 2
Website is www.myrollingtray.com
What’s the other option besides direct embed?
AfterDarkGrafx
Shopify Partner
219 13 57

How large is the video?  Less than 20mb?

Options:

1) embed youtube (if over 20mb)

2) upload mp4 within Shopify then use code to display video (recommended if smaller than 20mb but recommended up to 5mb for speed)

3) upload mp4 to another host website (ie:   a-domain-you-have-hosted-with-another-provider.com  then reference the URL and use the resources and bandwidth from the other domain for the video) 

James