Checkbox for selecting multiple variants

Ryan911
Visitor
2 0 0

I am after some help with my product pages.

I have products that have multiple variants. Each variant has only 1 in stock.

A the moment the variant selection is a drop-down menu like this:

image.png

I want to change it so that there is a checkbox for each variant.

So for example someone can purchase variant numbers 4, 7 and 9.

I also need this to update the price as each variant is a product. so for the example above, they purchased three variants for $1 each so the total cost would be $3.

So it will look like this:

image.png

I also need this to update the stock inventory so that the next person ordering does not have the option to buy those same spots as they have now sold out.

I'm sorry for the long request but i have spent hours and hours looking and can't find an app that actually does this. 

Thank you for your time

Replies 3 (3)

Dallas
Shopify Staff (Retired)
916 61 211

Hey, there.

Dallas here from the Shopify Social Care Team.

Thank you for adding those screenshots. It really helps me to have a first-hand understanding of what you're wanting.

Based on my understanding of what you're needing I think you should look at the app Infinite Options. It's one of the best apps for variant customizations and it allows you to build a variety of different features for the variants of your product page. If you were to use this app then the inventory would be adjusted automatically whenever a product is purchased.

Have you looked over that option yet?

If that option is still not what you're looking for then I suggest you try to get this custom built. The Shopify Experts are very talented when it comes to building custom features for websites. What you're looking for sounds like a pretty simple concept so I don't think it would be out of their capabilities.

Please let me know if I am misunderstanding what you're looking to do. Also, if you have any further questions please don't hesitate to let me know!

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.

Ryan911
Visitor
2 0 0

Yeah I've used that app but it doesn't really work. Any idea where i can hire someone to do some coding?

Dallas
Shopify Staff (Retired)
916 61 211

Yeah, our Shopify Experts would be perfect for that! They're very talented when it comes to coding and building customized features for the back end of your website. 

I suggest going with an Expert, rather than a program like Fiverr because all of the Experts are varified by Shopify so you don't have to worry about paying and not actually getting the work done. 

Please let me know if you have further questions or if you'd like more assistance. 

To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Community Blog.