HTML File Upload (Web App)

9 0 0

I need to upload a web app folder (e-book viewing app) to the root directory of my store. When i upload the file through the file uploader, i get the following error. (HTML File not supported)

Screen Shot 2019-05-21 at 9.44.20 PM.png

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. This is the finaly outcome once its uploaded and the path is specified to my URL:https://dietingdeliciously.com/pages/e-book-viewer

Web app working on local:

Screen Shot 2019-05-21 at 9.51.10 PM.png

0 Likes
Pathfinder
110 13 24

You can create the new page-template liquid file from admin panel for the e-book and add the all html code in the liquid file.

After that create page from admin panel and assign created page template into the  page.

Thanks.

For Design, Development and custom changes Hire Me.
If your problem solved then Like & Accept this Solution.
Email ID: silencewebsolutions@gmail.com
0 Likes
Highlighted
9 0 0

Hey SW,

The HTML I am using was created within an app called ‘Kotobee’ and it needs some other files to be on the server in order to be properly displayed. There is a folder called 'css' , 'epub' , etc. to it (see below)
Screen Shot 2019-05-21 at 11.00.05 PM.png

Without the folders, so just inserting the HTML code will probably not result in the desired outcome.

Is there a way to get the folders to work/communicate with the HTML file/get it onto the domain?

The end result is to get the above web application on this url: https://dietingdeliciously.com/pages/e-book-viewer

Thank you a million!

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
134 1 15

Hi Cory,

If the file has required references within it then you'll need to use Liquid to link everything together, for example all of you required .epub files will need to be uploaded to the 'assets' folder and then referenced from the page displaying them with {{ 'an-epub.epub' | asset_url }}. It might be easiest to get a developer to go through this and get this working in the Shopify context for you, or you might be able to find an app on the Shopify App Store that does what you need. If you need a hand feel free to email me.

Cheers,

Elliott

Feeling a bit lost? Contact elliot@mandelbrotian.com for help with theme setup, alterations, custom functionality, and app development.
0 Likes