Introducing Shopify Scripts: Customize the business logic of your Shopify store

Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
151 0 6

Shopify's Script Editor allows you to create Ruby scripts that can change the prices and properties of line items in your store's cart. Using scripts, you can create discounts that will be applied automatically based on the items and properties of a cart. The Script Editor app adds a place to write and store scripts in your Shopify admin.

This forum is for questions and discussion surrounding the Scripts API and Script Editor app.

Scripts and the Script Editor app are only available to Shopify Plus customers.

Documentation:
Shopify Scripts API
Shopify Script Editor app

App store:

Script Editor

2 Likes
Shopify Partner
1231 6 151

Watching the Live Stream. pretty exiting.

Will Scripts only run on Plus? Can partners develop Scripts without a Plus account?

Say hi mircea@typefolly.com
0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
84 0 11

Hello Mircea,

Scrips are only available for Plus shops. To test it out, you can create a store in the partner dashboard. Note that if you upgrade that store to another non-Plus plan, you will lose the ability to use Scripts.

Guillaume

1 Like
Shopify Partner
1231 6 151

Thanks for the response Guillaume.

So I should be able to work/test Scripts on a store created from my partner dashboard? At this time none of my clients are using Plus but I am really interested in playing with Scripts.

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
84 0 11

So I should be able to work/test Scripts on a store created from my partner dashboard? 

Yes exactly! 

1 Like
Shopify Partner
1231 6 151

Exiting new stuff!

Thanks

1 Like
Shopify Partner
1193 1 77

To test it out, you can create a store in the partner dashboard. Note that if you upgrade that store to another non-Plus plan, you will lose the ability to use Scripts.

I totally missed that fact, this is great, there goes my free time in june.

Busy? Confused? Hire me to do it for you paull.newton+shopifyforum@gmail.com . Theme Customization,Modification,Repair, CSS,javascript,html. App dev. Consultant, Discovery Services http://www.krop.com/paulnewton/ . Want to buy me a coffee paypal.me/paulnewton
0 Likes
Tourist
6 0 1

I don't see "Plus" as a plan option when I try to change my plan. Where is this at?

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
215 0 11

What plans do you guys have for scripts in the future? Do you guys think it will be possible to create "custome" products, cupons or shipping methods in the future with scripts? I think having the abillity to create products, cupons and or shipping methods on scripts would greatly increase the things that could be done with them. :O haha

Edited post :P

Entrepreneur, Developer, Geek, Gamer and very passionate about WEB development! :P Need help with your Shopify Store? Contact me: jfeuchter@gmail.com :D
0 Likes
7 0 0

This is a really good feature but have the limitation that you can only use 1 scritp at a time so I had to merge more than 1 script into one.

If anybody want me to create Scripts for your store you can reach me at: abelvf30@gmail.com

Take a look into my store! you will like it and the content there can change your life!  http://bit.ly/2nJhgyr

0 Likes