Issue with page redirect

Mike_Lin1
1 0 1

Hello...newbie to Shopify, I know what took so long.  I installed a theme, but I got this messge once installed:

Issue with page redirect

It looks like this page is redirecting to a page that isn't compatible with this editor. To ensure that your redirect doesn't interfere with the editing experience, replace window.location.href = with window.top.location.href = in your theme's JavaScript over here.  

When I click the here link, it just takes me to the dashboard and not sure where I am supposed to paste that little update.

Any guidance would be most appreciated.

Thanks Dave

Dylan_Hunt
Excursionist
32 0 7

Not sure which theme you would be in, but any of the code to edit would be under online store>themes>then press the ... and edit code. Then under assets you'd find any javascript file. Never seen this sort of error before though

0 Likes
Heidi_Owen1
3 0 0

Did you ever sort this error out?  I am having the same issue and can not locate the text to change.  

0 Likes
Annie_Lok
Tourist
9 0 4

I have same issue, can't go from shopping cart to check out anymore.  The error message (same in Mike Lin's post) doesn't help at all.  Any help please?

Wayne_Tiu
1 0 0

Hi, i am having almost the same problem here. There's issue with the redirecting, after clicking the COMPLETE ORDER. Please help out? Anyone? =(

0 Likes
Annie_Lok
Tourist
9 0 4

I've found an answer here https://ecommerce.shopify.com/c/shopify-discussion/t/help-where-is-window-location-href-437622.

"It will be in your theme JavaScript. Older themes, pre-Shopify Sections would have used the former. Any front-end dev might innocently do the same. It’s not a huge deal. If you can download a copy of your theme and open in a text editor like Atom.io you can search and replace."

Someone did it successfully but I use Atom.io still cannot locate the piece of code.

0 Likes
Annie_Lok
Tourist
9 0 4

My problem is fixed by clearing all cache data and browsing history on my browser (Chrome for Windows 10).  Shopigy should've updated their error message.

0 Likes