Price rules without code?

Highlighted
Tourist
16 0 1

Hi,

Is it possible to create a site-wide discount or a colletion-wide discount without a code ? 

I know I can do it per product, but for site-wide discount that would mean to edit every single variant on my store (over 200K) and with the API it will take about 15 hours everytime I want to create a sale on the site... 

Thanks.

0 Likes
Shopify Partner
39 0 0

Hi isaacdvory, 

I am so happy to support you about my app. Disocunt Master - You can create a site-wide discount or a collection-wide discount WITHOUT a code. You can create discount for all products, specific products or collections in a few minutes. 

After the discount time, the coverted price will become the origial price. Every process will be worked automatically. Besides, this app has more features such as countdown timer and stock countdown. You can try them! 

0 Likes
Excursionist
32 0 5

You can use the Launchpad app to do this for free. its Shopify plus only, but works really well.

https://apps.shopify.com/launchpad

0 Likes
Excursionist
117 0 11

I'm a little late to the party but instead of using an app to change the actual price of your items you could just use the Script Editor app and create a script that changes the price at the checkout.

Something like

Input.cart.line_items.each do |line_item|
  #skip gift cards
  next if line_item.variant.product.gift_card?

#apply a 30% discount to line item
  line_item.change_line_price(
    line_item.line_price * 0.7,
  )
end

Output.cart = Input.cart

That will save you on time and it's very easy to combine funcitonality in a single script if you have other discounts at play or if different discounts apply to differnet items.

Cheers,

Elliott 

Feeling a bit lost? Contact elliot@mandelbrotian.com for help with theme setup, alterations, custom functionality, and app development.
0 Likes
Excursionist
32 0 5

The only issue with that is it does not show on the front end. So it would work in checkout but customers would see it at full price on checkout. The launchpad app shows it on front end and checkout. I wish scripts did too if you wanted them to. 

Dont use an app if you don’t have to. Launchpad does this better than an app will. Don’t waste your money. 

0 Likes