Pulling Data from Dealer Portals to our website

Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi Guys

Does anyone know if there is a way we can pull products and stock quantities from our existing Wholesalers into our Shopify store?

For example we have logins to wholesalers who we order goods from for our retail stores. We are upgrading our website to shopify and would like to have the products either being "Available in Store - (data pulled from POS system) or "Available to Order" (Goods available at the distributor). but we would need to somehow pull this data, stock levels across?

anyone have any experience in this field?

Regards

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
655 35 105

Hi, Aaron! My name is Tira and I am a Shopify Guru ready to help!

I'm glad you're looking to upgrade your store and move over to Shopify. We actually have a feature called "Locations" which will help you set-up multiple locations in your Shopify admin, so that you can pull your stock from these locations (ie. the distributor's warehouse) and you can set it up for both Shopify POS and for your online inventory. You can read more about the set-up process here for the online store. For POS, we have a guide here.

I would also suggest taking a look at our guide on Creating Transfers. After submitting your purchase order to your wholesaler, you can create a transfer in the admin to indicate you are waiting to receive stock from your supplier. This will help you keep track of incoming inventory alongside with what you have in stock.

When adding your products, it would be a good idea to add the wholesaler's name (Vendor) under the Organization details of your product details. It can help with making it quicker to order inventory and you can also filter your product list. Take a look at our Understanding Products guide here for more information.

Lastly, I would recommend using our import feature under Products > Import in the Shopify admin to help migrate your products in bulk through a CSV sheet. We've got complete instructions on this process here.

Let me know if that helps and welcome to Shopify!

Tira | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
2 0 0

Hi Tira

Thanks for the reply. I understand the theory of locations but i am unsure as to how this would work based on the fact that the Distributors we deal with have live time portals which require us to login. What we are aiming to be able to do is have their products displayed on our website for our customers to see but at the same time the stock levels move accordingly with how their stock levels are inside the portal. 

Then on our shopify store the levels are displayed as either "in stock at Supplier" or "out of stock at supplier" based on the the suppliers moving stock levels. I thought we would have needed some API integration to achieve this?

Regards

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
655 35 105

Hey, Aaron. Tira here, again.

Thanks for providing more details on what you’re looking to do here. You can use API integration to connect and import data from your distributor if they can create a private app for you. Using the instructions in this help doc you can go into Apps > Manage Private Apps > Create Private App and follow the steps to select which parts of your store you would like to grant API access to from the private app.

Another recommendation is to use an app like Sold Stock which shows how many products are in stock/sold out on your store. You can contact the developers of that app under the “Support” section of the app’s page and ask them if the app can work based on the distributor/vendor of the product listed. The Stock Sync app can help with adding your distributor’s feed to your store and update your inventory. You can also find other apps that may help here.

I’m curious to what the community may suggest! It might also be a good idea to contact a Shopify Expert for assistance.

Tira | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes