Sections are missing/Continuously loading

1 0 0

Hey guys,

when i try to customize the theme i am unable to edit section it doesn't show up.

it continuously loads and after some time it crashes, and this is not internet issue internet speed is finesection.pngScreen shot

can any  help me out with this to fix this issue

0 Likes
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
224 15 33

Hi, @driftUS!

This is Rae from Shopify. Thank you for posting this question, and welcome to the Community.

I'm glad to lend a hand to help ensure the sections on your theme start loading correctly within the Theme Editor. 

As a starting point, can you please confirm which theme you're using when this issue occurs? Did you download this theme from the Shopify Theme Store, or from a third party developer? 

Based on the screenshot you included, it looks like you're encountering this issue on a Chrome browser. Does the same thing happen on other browsers, like Safari or Firefox? If not, then I recommend clearing your Chrome cache and trying to view the theme once again. 

Have you also noticed this happen with other themes in your Shopify admin? To test this, login to your admin, click on 'Online store > Themes'  and scroll down the page to the 'Theme library'. If you have any themes added here, please click 'Customize'  beside one of these themes and let me know if the sections load correctly. 

I also recommend testing this on a brand new theme. To do this, just download a free copy of the newest version of the Debut theme via this link. Once this theme is added into your admin, click 'Customize'  beside the theme and check to see if the sections load within the Theme Editor. 

Please keep me posted on how this troubleshooting goes.

I look forward to hearing back from you! 

Rae | Social Care @ Shopify
Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know!
Was your question answered? Mark it Accept as Solution to help others locate the answer!
To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center, or the Shopify Blog.

0 Likes