Shopify Locations Enabled Without Our Consent

Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 4

Shopify Locations has been enabled on 2 of our 3 Shopify storefronts.  Conveniently, Shopify claims this is completely irreversible.  We are 100% certain no one at our company did it.  We weren't even aware of Locations. Now, our integration with our lising and order management solution, ChannelAdvisor, has been totally disrupted. Inventory quantities and tracking numbers are not reaching Shopify.  Support has been of no help since they claim it cannot be disabled.  However, they refuse to answer which user enabled it on our end.

I have three stores.  I'm a customer who happily pays for what, until now, has been a great service.  And then abruptly changes are made that we did not authorize and our business is suffering.

I'm hoping someone from Shopify can reach out with a true solution.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
3252 245 558

Hi VittieGrocer, 

Nick here from Shopify. 

I looked into this for you and can confirm it is in the hands of our technical team from your initial interaction with our support team. Once our technical support team has an update for you on it, they will reach out to you directly in the email thread that has already been created. I just want to assure you that this is being looked into for you. 

Kind Regards, Nick

Nick | Community Moderator @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes
Highlighted
Tourist
9 0 4

Thanks, Nick.  We received the following response:

Merchants with one location were auto-enrolled into Locations from Sept. 19 - 21 - Shopify's logs do not go back that far so I'm unable to give you a specific answer as to when your store was enabled for Locations. I do not see an action of your store manually enabling multi inventory so I believe your store was auto-enrolled; however, I do see the locations besides the main one were added on October 3.

Some warning about "auto-enrollment" would have been helpful.  This has created signifcant problems for our integration with ChannelAdvisor.  One of the main reasons we chose Shopify was because of the native integration with Shopify.  And then, without warning, we were auto-enrolled and are business was disrupted.

0 Likes