Suddenly getting production errors on every script.

PurpleMamba
Shopify Partner
94 1 9

My scripts ran fine before, but since January 4th, I've been seeing production errors on every script I run in the Script Editor app.

The scripts themselves have no errors.

The first type of production error I see is "TimeOutLimitExceeded - Your script exceeded the time limit". This occurs exactly 12 hours after a script has been published. So every 12 hours I have to unpublish the script and publish it again to clear the error.

The second type is "InstructionQuotaExceeded - Your script exceeded the cpu limit". This occurs at random.

Is there any explanation and/or solution for these errors?

0 Likes
Mandelbrotian
Shopify Partner
132 1 19

Hi Purple,

Could you post the script here so I can get a better idea of what could be going wrong?

Cheers,

Elliott

Feeling a bit lost? Contact elliot@mandelbrotian.com for help with theme setup, alterations, custom functionality, and app development.
0 Likes
PurpleMamba
Shopify Partner
94 1 9

Hi Elliott,

That's the thing, it's not the scripts themselves, it's something to do with the Script Editor app.

None of the scripts have any errors when I test them, and I've been using them for months with no issues. It's happening on every script I run now, and they all ran perfectly fine until January 4th.

0 Likes
Mandelbrotian
Shopify Partner
132 1 19

Hi Purple,

Judging from the error messages you're recieving I would say that the script is hitting an infinite loop somewhere, but it's hard to say without viewing the code. It could be that the scripts are producing unexpected behaviour because of a change in product or collection information that happened on January the 4th?

If you're certain that the issue isn't on your end it would be worth contacting Shopify directly to see what they have to say.

Cheers,

Elliott

Feeling a bit lost? Contact elliot@mandelbrotian.com for help with theme setup, alterations, custom functionality, and app development.