Testament theme: Rich-Text is affiliated with my H1 tags!

Highlighted
7 0 0

Hello,

I am using the Testament theme, and for some reason my H1 tag is being associated with the rich text on my homepage.

So if I do not have a rich text section on the homepage Plug in SEO notifies me that the H1 tage for homepage is missing despite having one in the preferences section on shopify.

Is there any solution for this?  When I edit the code in the "rich-text.liquid" to make the <h1   into an <h2   it comes up as the h1 heading is missing only on the homepage.

Here is the top lines of code I see on rich-text.liquid

Appreciate any help, thanks!

<section class="index-section homepage-section animate wow fadeIn no-fouc" data-section-id="{{ section.id }}" >
  <div class="row">

<div class="desktop-12 tablet-6 mobile-3">

{% if section.settings.title != blank %}
      <div class="section-title lines"><h1>{{ section.settings.title | escape }}</h1></div>
      {% endif %}

<div class="pages-content">
        {% if section.settings.page != blank %}
        {%- assign feat_page = pages[section.settings.page] -%}
        {{ feat_page.content }}
        {% else %}
        <div class="rte">
        {{ section.settings.rich_text }}
        </div>
        {% endif %}

0 Likes
Highlighted
Shopify Staff
Shopify Staff
335 32 129

Hello, Andrew!

This is May from Shopify.

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your question here. I am not an expert in coding myself, but the issue you are currently having does sound a little odd. Editing the rich text liquid file, should only change the styling with rich text section. The fact that somehow it still affected your homepage, is quite strange. Have you tried contacting the theme developer themselves? If you haven’t I highly recommend reaching out to them. You can find their contact information by going into your theme settings (‘Online Store > Customize > Theme Settings’). Scroll down to the bottom of the editor to the left, and click on ‘Get Support’ to contact them by email.

Alternatively, you can also reach out to our Shopify Experts for help. I hope for a positive outcome. If you have any other questions, feel free to reply back to this thread or contact our 24/7 support, and we’ll happily help!

Kind Regards,

May

Shopify Support

May | Social Care @ Shopify
 - Was my reply helpful? Click Like to let me know! 
 - Was your question answered? Mark it as an Accepted Solution
 - To learn more visit the Shopify Help Center or the Shopify Blog

0 Likes